Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS 1 not working

Swissdoc
2: Seeker

Hello.  My VSS1 has stopped working.  I have changed the Ethernet cable and tried different ports in the Sky hub box and done a re-set etc...

All the lights are working except the phone one - i.e. 1,2 and 4 but not 3 (counting downwards).

3g is enabled on my iPhone 4s and my phone (I am told) is registered for use on the VSS (as I am the account holder).

Reading through other topics in the forum, do I need a firmware update?  Or is this a sky hub issue (we recently changed but I am sure that the VSS worked with the sky hub when it was first connected - it is only recently that it has stopped working)?

Thanks for your help

8 REPLIES 8

Swissdoc

The serial number is: 21221618479

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3451899116.png - ping 34ms; dowload speed 2.81mbps; upload speed 0.4mbps

Ping test: [URL=http://www.pingtest.net][IMG]http://www.pingtest.net/result/96258882.png[/IMG][/URL] - 67ms; jitter 1ms.

IP address: 90.202.122.255 ; IP V6 address: ::ffff:5aca:7aff

I'm on a mac so can't remember how to do a trace route...

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Swissdoc,

Thanks for posting your details. Everything from your tests checks out fine, but your firmware is indeed out of date. 

As a reset hasn't pushed it through, I've requested it manually for you. Please keep the Sure Signal switched on for 24 hours. It should come online automatically, but you may need to reset your router and phones for the change to take effect. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

Thanks very much...  I'll reboot everything tomorrow and hope that it is working again.

Cheers

Hi Ben and Tech Team

I've been away for a few days but came back yesterday to find that the VSS1 still doesn't work.  I rebooted it, the modem and the phone (all twice) and once again I have lights 1,2 & 4 working but not the phone light on the VSS.

I really need this to work as I don't have a reliable signal at all at home and I need my phone!

Help please!

Chris

Hi Swissdoc,

If you're still experiencing the same problem it is most likely that the Sure Signal is faulty. You can rule this out by testing the Sure Signal in a different location.

As the Sure Signal is most likely out of warranty, if it fails to work in a different location, my best advice would be to purchase a new one.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi Matt

I'm not very happy with that solution.  This VSS worked until a couple of weeks' ago, all the 'ping' tests etc... were acceptable according to your colleague - it just needed a firmware update...

What's to say that a new one at another £100 will not work either?

Are all the VSS 1s giving up the ghost at the same time?

Hi Swissdoc,

As you’re already running the latest firmware, I’ve asked for this to be downgraded and updated again for you.

Please leave this switched on and connected over the next 24 hours whilst this is completed.

Once it’s done, you’ll also need to restart your phone.

James