cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS 3 Power light flashing, solid Service Light.

nmit
4: Newbie

Suddenly yesterday my VSS serial number 40124138088 stopped working with the above lights on show.  Can't believe it's my end as everything else is still working fine.

Pingtest shows 195.248.118.55 as my IP address, 33ms ping, 1ms Jitter, Line quality A MOS4.39.

Download speed 5.87MB/s , Upload 0.41mb/s , ping 31ms.

Tracert shows route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177] as timing out after the 6th hop to 85.205.116.10

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nmit

Sorted out from my end.   Not sure what happened other than we had 3 power spikes on Thursday night 

I turned off the Netgear 600 Router, reloaded the coniguration file, double checked that ports 8,50 etc were open, reset the VSS.  All seems to be OK now.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

nmit

In addition, I have rebooted the router/modem, and checked that there is a flashing light on the VSS next to the Ethernet cable port, so I know it's talking to the router.

nmit

Any chance someone can resync at the Vodafone end and see if this solves my problem. 

nmit

Sorted out from my end.   Not sure what happened other than we had 3 power spikes on Thursday night 

I turned off the Netgear 600 Router, reloaded the coniguration file, double checked that ports 8,50 etc were open, reset the VSS.  All seems to be OK now.

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi nmit,

That's great news.

Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers

Ian

Hoping someone can help. Have a Sure Signal 3 and worked for several months. Came up with flashing power light and solid orange service light and stopped working. Have looked at the help sections and done all apart from port forwarding.

Speed test download 3.9Mbps upload 0.32Mbps Ping 56ms

External IP 81.153.230.107

VSS 3 serial number 40124133782.

The trace results are as attached. Hopefully get this back up and running.

Thanks

Simon

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@smford

Welcome to the eForum. 

Your Sure Signal is currently showing as being deregistered. Please go through the process of registering your Sure Signal which should resolve the issue. 

I can see that your download and upload speeds are much less than we'd expect to see, which may also have a negative effect. This is something you'd need to discuss with your Internet service provider.