Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS 3 drop out and not connecting to iPhone 5s

Jatboy
2: Seeker
Will the vss 2. & 3. Work with my iPhone 5s ???
Seems to work sometimes with the iPhone 4S
Given up with ringing and asking Vodafone for help
Plus the VSS 3 plug type keeps droping connection.
With the 5s (4G) work on the VSS 3 (3G )???
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jatboy
De registered and registered it after 2 hrs and both seem to be working on all iPhones 4s & 5s
Not sure how or why. But got a result.

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Jatboy,

Although we've not released a 4G Sure Signal, you'll still be able to use the 3G service it broadcasts on any 3G device. 

Are you using both VSS2 and VSS3 or have you recently swapped from one to the other? Likewise if you've just had an iPhone 5S and had to swap to a different sized SIM, it helps to de-register then register your Sure Signal from scratch to pick up the swap.

If you're still struggling, let me know more details by following our Sure Signal troubleshooting guide. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

Jatboy
Hi just got the new 5s with a new nano sim
The sure signal boxes I have are the V2 box and a V3
Plug type. Yes two sure signal as we have 3 levels
At home.
The iPhone 4S (3 phones) will sometimes connect to the sure signal but the 5s will not connect.
Also the V2 plug keeps dropping the connection and the red lights go on and I have to switch off and back on, this is happening on a daily basis.
Am guessing that the 5S (4g) will not connect to the sure signal boxes because they are not compatible with the (4g) 5s iPhone.
If you require the serial numbers I can provide these to assist.
Hope this helps.

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Jatboy,

The iPhone 5s should connect as long as you have 3G switched on. Although it's a 4G-ready phone, it can still use 3G as well.

If you can post the serial numbers that would help. Make sure you say which is which.

Do the three 4s phones connect to both Sure Signals? If not, let us know which they don't connect with.

For the V2 Sure Signal disconnections, we may need to look a little closer. To start with, though, can you just confirm if the two Sure Signal boxes use the same broadband connection for me?

Dave

Jatboy
Hi
V2 box serial 40123512440
v3 plug serial 40123684264
They share the virgin broadband connection running at 60MB
the 4s iPhones did connect to both but lately they have been hit and miss
I have today deregistered both and tried to register again but failed and it is asking for me yo contact Vodafone.
Just want the dam things working.
Hope this helps
Jay

Jatboy
De registered and registered it after 2 hrs and both seem to be working on all iPhones 4s & 5s
Not sure how or why. But got a result.

Jatboy
Worked for a little while not nothing connects not even the 4s or the 5s

HELP

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Jatboy,

The re-registration will have got rid of anything which was in the way before, so the fresh connection starts with no old errors blocking it.

Are you now having the issue with both Sure Signals, or just the one? If one's working OK, which is failing to connect at all? 

I've resynched both, so give the affected ones a reset so they pick this up:

For Sure Signal version 2:

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

For Sure Signal version 3:

• Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Running two Sure Signals on one connection does require better speeds than just running one, so just to be sure, can you post the results of a speed test results here?

Dave

Jatboy
Thanks Dave,

both units are working and all iPhone are connecting that's the 5s and the 4s. Hopefully we have got a result.

Cheers

Jatboy
Still having issues with the V3 plug.
This looses connection everyday around the same time each day. Have to switch off then back on then it connects back on. It also get very hot,
The iPhone 5s also looses connection and I have to switch the phone off and on each thine this happens.

Cheers.