Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS 3 not working after chancing my phone number

tierix
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have a VSS v3 which was working perfectly until today, when I asked to change my Vodafone phone number (and I also upgraded).

Since then, I have

- Power light (the vertical Red bar), is red and blinking

- The other 2 LEDs are Orange and steady.

I noticed in "my account", the message below (in the table).

Please note that I replaced the 5 last digits of my phone number by "x" but it shows my full NEW phone number.

Thnx for your help

24/05/2013 20:23:544478279xxxxx4478279xxxxxMy Account4478279xxxxxNew members were added to your Gateway. Users invalid 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just got a solution from VirginMedia (thanks for nothing vodafone!!).

The solution is to put the firewall ON in the Superhub 2 and check the IpSecThrough option. It now works.

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tierix, 

Please deregister your mobile number and then re-register 24 hours later. This should then resolve the issue. 

If this doesn't work please let me know your Sure Signal reference number so that I can look into this further. 

Thanks, 

Kay

hi

deregistered waited 24hrs, re registered, waited 4 hours, still not working! Now the red vertical bar is red and blinking and the other 2 leds are orange and steady

MODEL:        Alcatel Lucent 9361 Home Cell p3.0
SERIAL:        40124127099
MAC:        0C4C3909C670
PART NUMBER:    3JR09113ABBA

Troubleshooting

Your speed test results from here.

--> 126MB Download, 11.6MB Upload

Your ping test results from here.

--> Ping 20ms, Jitter 2ms

Your external IP address from here.

--> Not displaying my IP in public, sorry. PM me if you need it.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

--> See above

The results of a traceroute.

-->

C:\Users\Tierix>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  routerlogin.net [192.168.0.1]
  2    10 ms     9 ms     9 ms  cpc13-bahd4-2-0-gw.14-2.cable.virginmedia.com [86.7.3.1]
  3    10 ms     9 ms    15 ms  renf-core-2a-ae4-3737.network.virginmedia.net [80.4.65.205]
  4    12 ms    15 ms    14 ms  manc-bb-1c-ae13-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.37]
  5   138 ms    15 ms    16 ms  brhm-bb-1b-et-400-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.175.69]
  6    16 ms    16 ms    20 ms  brhm-bb-1c-ae7-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.102]
  7    20 ms    17 ms    21 ms  tcl5-ic-2-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [212.250.15.210]
  8    56 ms    22 ms    23 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
  9    23 ms    21 ms    20 ms  85.205.116.10
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.

From the SS history, I can see: (once again, I replaced the last 5 digits of my phone number with xxxxxx)

26/05/2013 13:38:494478279xxxxx4478279xxxxxMy Account4478279xxxxx, 4478279xxxxxYou registered your Gateway.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tierix

Thanks for coming back to us.

Your traceroute looks ok to me however your Sure Signal last connected to our servers on the 24th May. I have pushed a re-synced, can you factory re-set this to complete the process and let me know if it makes any difference?

Sukhi

hi

how do I do that again?

Also, I also changed my router, I now have the latest VirginMedia router (SuperHub 2), so do I need to configure port forwarding again? If so, which ports? Again, can't find it on this forum. This info should be pinned as well as the device manual!!

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tierix,

If you have a new router then it is possible that you will need to forward the ports again.

You can see the ports you need here.

Also, to reset your Sure Signal just use these instructions.

For versions 1 and 2:

-Hold in the reset button until all lights go solid

-Pull the power lead out with the reset button still pushed in

-Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead

-Wait for all lights to come on and then release the reset button

For version 3:

-Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.

-Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.

-Once the lights come back on, release the button.

The Sure Signal will be back online in around 1 hour.

James

Just tried everything as you said and same thing!

Power light blinking

Service light: orange, steady

In use light: orange and steady.

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tierix,

Thanks for the update.

The light sequence you’re seeing shows that the Sure Signal is unable to be authenticated with our servers during the set up process.

Are you able to lower the security settings on your router to see if this makes a difference? I’d recommend rebooting your router once you’ve done this.

Your Sure Signal last connected to our servers on 24/5/13 at 03:08 so, to make sure your Sure Signal is as up to date as possible; I’ve just performed a resync for you. To make sure it completes, can you do a factory reset for me:-

• Find the button on the base of the unit next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around one hour

If this isn’t successful for you, the next thing would be to try the Sure Signal in a different location (a family member, neighbour etc). If it works there, then there's something in your current set up that's preventing the Sure Signal from getting a stable connection to our servers.

Are you able to try a different router on your connection?

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks

Andrew

ok first, NO I'm not trying this to a friend's house, it's too inconvenient! If it doesn't work then send me a new one!

Plus, I haven't changed my setting, it stopped working after I asked Vodafone to change my phone number!

Second, I've ALREADY tried without the router, same thing, I've already reset the damn thing 3 times, I'm not doing it a fourth one. It obviously doesn't work!

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tierix,

Testing on a different internet connection is something we use to see if the Sure Signal is faulty if the basic checks don't fix things. I understand it's not the most convenient, but it just allows us to check the box on a completely different connection.

Everything appears to have changed, updated and re-registered normally, so I'd like to look a little deeper. Click here to get us your details and we'll be happy to take a closer look.

Dave