Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS 3 not working after chancing my phone number

tierix
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have a VSS v3 which was working perfectly until today, when I asked to change my Vodafone phone number (and I also upgraded).

Since then, I have

- Power light (the vertical Red bar), is red and blinking

- The other 2 LEDs are Orange and steady.

I noticed in "my account", the message below (in the table).

Please note that I replaced the 5 last digits of my phone number by "x" but it shows my full NEW phone number.

Thnx for your help

24/05/2013 20:23:544478279xxxxx4478279xxxxxMy Account4478279xxxxxNew members were added to your Gateway. Users invalid 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just got a solution from VirginMedia (thanks for nothing vodafone!!).

The solution is to put the firewall ON in the Superhub 2 and check the IpSecThrough option. It now works.

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

AGAIN, it was working for months with this connection until I changed my number, so NO it is NOT my connection!

what do you mean by "Everything appears to have changed, updated and re-registered normally"?? Nothing has changed, it's still the same, it doesn't work.

I have sent the message.

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tierix,

Thanks for your time on the phone this morning.

I've raised this to our support teams and emailed you with the reference number.

James

How long does it take to be called back??? I can't make calls during this time and i'm still paying!

Let me remind you that I have just upgraded and therefore can cancel this and go somewhere else if you're incompetent to fix this issue!

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tierix,

I can appreciate it's frustrating waiting on a fix.

This issue has been escalated correctly and while we can't supply you with a timeframe (given my team don't know what the problem is to fix ourselves) I can understand if you're looking to leave.

I'm only sorry we couldn't sort this immediately. I sincerely hope the technicians are able to pinpoint and resolve soon.

Regards, Ben

Hi,

I just read this thread: http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/VSS-V3-Unable-to-reset/td-p/1547260

I have the exact same issue? I didn't say anything cause I thought it was fine anyway, but it doesn't seem to be. When I press the reset button under the unit for 30 seconds, it doesn't change anything on the lights.

I have tried unplugging the ethernet cable before resetting but same thing.

Also, it doesn't change anything whether the ethernet cable is plugged in or not, still same light sequence.

Does it help?

I just got a solution from VirginMedia (thanks for nothing vodafone!!).

The solution is to put the firewall ON in the Superhub 2 and check the IpSecThrough option. It now works.