Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS V1

WayneA
4: Newbie

Has the V1 of the VSS box been blacklisted? i heard rumours from a friend that this might be the cause of my V1 box not working for the past month?  can you confirm please?  If this is the case am i eligible to get a free upgrade?

9 REPLIES 9

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi WayneA,

This is definitely not the case.

The only time that this may happen is if you haven’t used it for more than three months.

Are you having trouble with your Sure Signal?

James

Hi James,

Yep still having issues so i turned it off a month or so back as it ewas causing more issues with my signal having it turned on.

I posted on here and did all the trace route/ping tests and checked with my ISP (SKY) no changes have been made so im not sure what the issue is.

THe last response was from Vodafone stating my ping was taking too long from the VSS box but if nothing has changed ISP wise then im unsure on what to do next.

Cheers

Wayne

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Wayne,

There has been a firmware update recently for the V1 Sure Signal which you may have struggled to get.

Can you test your unit on a friend, relative or neighbours internet connection for an hour or two to see if the update pushes through for me?

If you're still struggling can you do a fresh set of results for me as these ones are from back in September and some info may have changed. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the response, can you tell me how i will know if an update has been pushed through?

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi WayneA,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The firmware version currently isn’t showing on your registration, however I will get the latest version pushed out to you in the next 24 hours.

So this goes through, please connect and switch on your Sure Signal.

James

Thanks James, the box is now on!

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi WayneA, 

Thanks for letting us know. It's showing the firmware version now and it's the old one. 

Leave it with me and I'll get the new version pushed out to your Sure Signal tomorrow. Please keep it plugged in during this time. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Hi WayneA, 

Just an update to let you know the firmware is being sent now and should be complete in 24 hours. 

If after this time you're still experiencing problems please do a reset; 

-Hold in the reset button until all lights go solid

-Pull the power lead out with the reset button still pushed in

-Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead

-Wait for all lights to come on and then release the reset button

Thanks, 

Kay

Hi Kay,

Thanks very much, box is still on so i will wait and see what happens :Laughing_Face:

Thanks again

Wayne