Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS headache!

DanCull
4: Newbie

So I had given up for a while trying to get my VSS working since the problems I started experiencing around christmas (http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Sure-Signal-Problem/m-p/1388704#M34567); I have been waiting for my BT Infinity installtion in the hope that this may rectify the problem.

My BT Infinity was installed yesterday and I am still not having any success getting my VSS to work.

My current status is just the power light illuminated permanently with no other light activity.  There is not even any lights on or flashing on the ethernet connection to the rear, nor is the VSS showing as connected in to my BT Home Hub 3 when I access the hub manager from my Mac.

I have started from scratch working through the relevant troubleshooting thread for this problem (http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Sure-Signal-Flashing-Steady-Power-Light-No-Other...

Check the physical connection between your Sure Signal and your Router/Modem.
I'm falling at the first hurdle here!  The lights on the back of the VSS are not coming on at all, only briefly when power is first switched on, indicating that there is no link to the BTHH3.  However I have tried lternative ethernet cables, including one I know is definately working, and I have tried swapping the ports on the back of the BTHH3 but I am still not getting these lightes to come on.  Could this point to a faulty VSS unit?  I'm not convinced though because earlier in this saga the lights were coming on!

If the VSS is faulty, do they have a warranty and how long for?

12 REPLIES 12

Further to last post...

The two lights stopped flashing and the first light (i think referred to as the system light) went solid and the picture of the phone went off.

After a short period, the system light started flashing steadily.

The system light is now on all the time but the other light (picture of phone) is not doing anything; should this be on?

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi DanCull,

Certainly worth testing like this - the old method of replace one component and keep the rest, and if it works you know that was the issue.

The flashing lights you saw originally is the Sure Signal ensuring it has the latest profile in place, so this is normal.

Likewise, of the two lights on the strip, the one on the left being on whilst the right hand one is off means everything is good to go. The first indicates you have a connection to our servers, whilst the second light indicates active calls.

As this is a different Sure Signal unit, have you added your number to it to test if you can make calls, and were you successful? If not, what's the serial number of this one?

Dave