Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS not connecting after IOS 9.3.2 update

jonsrichardson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since updating my wife's and my iPhones to IOS 9.3.2, they have both failed to connect to my Vodafone Sure Signal box.

I have restarted the VSS and the iPhones several times, but they still show "no signal" inside my house. The Status lights on the VSS are as they should be and all had been working satisfactorily prior to the IOS update.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Ive not personally seen any posts highlighting issues with the recent iOS update and sure signal devices. 

Which SS are you using ? If a 1 or 2 please try an alternative power supply even tho the lights are still lit. 

They are available on eBay for around £10.

From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

Alternatively unplug the Sure Signal and leave it a couple of days and try again. 

Is your iPhones showing 4G in the status bar at all. If so in settings/mobile data/Turn off 4G to go onto 3G which may help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

sidpr
4: Newbie

Hi

Yes me and my partner both have Iphones and exactly the same problem for two weeks.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sidpr @jonsrichardson To fix this issue, please perform a factory reset via the below: 

1. Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
  2. Keeping the reset button held, remove and re-insert the power lead.
  3. Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button.
  4. The VSS should come online within the hour.
  5. After the hour has passed, please perform a network reset via Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

I am willing to perform the steps you suggest, Rahim, but I would point out that I have already performed this procedure twice before when conducting a live chat with your VSS support technician.

i am currently away from home and will conduct the procedure on my return in about 3 days from now. I will post the results here.

Hello Rahim

The Suresignal V3 doesnt have a power lead, its has a 3 pin integrated plug. Is this instruction correct?

Sid

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sidpr @jonsrichardson Apologies, the information given previously relates to an older version Sure Signal. 

To factory reset your version 3 Sure Signal, please follow the below instructions: 

Hold the reset button for 10 seconds to restore factory settings. This won’t affect the registered information on your online account, like numbers, location, etc. This can take between 20 minutes to 6 hours to complete.

• Holding the reset for more than 15 seconds will switch off the device.
  • You’ll know the Sure Signal is working when the first light is solid red, the second and third solid white. The fourth light will be solid white when the Sure Signal is in use.

Please keep me updated with your progress. 

My wife and I have the same problem.  WE updated to IOS 9.3.2.  My son didnt and is on 9.3.1 and he is fine.

The Sure Signal 3 has the right lights lit up so I think the issue is caused by IOS 9.3.2 - but I can't now wind back to 9.3.1

Anyone got any ideas as resetting as suggested by Vodafone Tech hasnt worked.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Burnziz We're currently investigating into this. 

We'll provide an update as soon as we have any information on this. 

Thanks Rahim.   Now all 4 phones not connecting to SS3.  Not all on IOS9.3.2 so think a coincidence.  Have also called in to log the call.