Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS v1 Can't Connect

Sidney17
4: Newbie

Hi,

I'm on Plusnet Fibre using a Home Hub 5 and have been having problems connecting my VSS v1. It doesn't connnect at all and hasn't done for a while. I have been through all the reset processes to no joy. I have no de-registered the device and left it 24 hours before re-registering.

Looking at the dashboard it shows that the device is active but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Can anyone offer any more suggestions or is it time to bite the bullet and look at a newer version.

I get a very poor signal in house despite the map saying I should get a good signal so would like to get this up and running without having to spend any more money.

4 REPLIES 4

Sidney17
4: Newbie

Having been through the recent de-registration and re-registration process I have received a message from Vodafone to say that it looks like my Sure Signal has moved and to check my Post Code in the settngs. The post code is correct so I am not worried about that but I still only have the Power light on.

This makes me think that the Sure Signal can see Vodafone and vice-versa but I am still not connecting properly.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Sidney17,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread.

Cheers, Ben

Ben,

I have been through the trouble shooting steps several times and nothing seems to resolve the issue. As I say in my post above I have had notification from Vodafone that my Sure Signal has moved which makes me think that the system has seen it. Also it shows as active in the dashboard.

My serial number is 21197203561.

I am on Plusnet and am using a Home Hub 5.

Regards,

Sid

Hi Sid,

As you haven't supplied all the information requested, we can't check everything.

I can see that a change of location was detected.

The Sure Signal hasn't contacted our server for some time though.

I'm going to push through a resync for you.

To make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights display, release the reset button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in about an hour

If you're still having issues, I suggest trying the Sure Signal at a different location, with a different ISP.

Thanks,

Ian