Ask

Solution

VSS v1 stopped working with my mobile

temp_account_only
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Stoke team, 

My SS's s/n is 21224657342

Everyone else on my account is added and working, but my phone (which has had the same sim for months and months) still won't work.

I've searched the forum for similar problems, but not seen any information on this.

As stated, all the other users of the SS work fine, just my CTN has the problem.

It has worked in the past, but I'm wondering if there's a reason? Seriously, GPRS where I live is dire!

Is there a way you can refresh my CTN on the radius server?

PM me and I will forward [that] to you as I'm a little nervous about posting it on an open forum.

Best

Andy 

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Andy,

I’ve checked your serial number and it’s showing a location change has been detected.

I’ve updated the system to remove the message.

So that your Sure Signal picks up the changes, can you do a factory reset for me:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove both the Ethernet cable and power lead
  • Re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights display, release the reset button
  • Re-insert the Ethernet cable.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Andy

Seems I can't login to the forum as my handle is too long.. V strange.
I've done as you requested and will update as soon as I have any news.
Thanks

Hi temp_account_only

Thanks for that.

We'll wait to hear from you.

Ian

Sadly it didn't work.
It's just my phone that doesn't work with the sure signal.
I can't login to my forum account because the username is 2 characters too
long.
Perhaps a job for your client side team?

Hi temp_account_only,

I'm unsure why you're saying you can't log into the eForum. You can't post without doing that.

Are you trying to log into My Vodafone with your eForum username? The two systems are different, so they have separate logins. 

If not, what username are you trying to use?

As it's only the one number affected, I'd suggest logging into My Vodafone to remove that one from the Sure Signal. Wait an hour, then add it back.

If it's the owner number, transfer the Sure Signal ownership to a different number so you can do this. You can change it back again afterwards.

Dave