Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS v2 Steady Power Light & Flashing System Light Only

gdonjones
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

AM I ANGRY !
Having to fill all these details in the eMail form AGAIN, you have all my details several times over, and you insist I log in to my account, so WHY do I have to enter all this AGAIN ?  and then it threw me out as you have "changed the system". Then I put it all back into the forum, and before I could post it, it disappeared again.

AND
I have spent 4 weeks now trying to get my VSS V2 working down in the New Forest SO42 7XG.

It is registered online, I can manage it all OK, it  boots up, all the lights flash, the handset light goes out, and the status light stays flashing, indefinitely.

It works fine here RG26, but in SO42 the Status light stays flashing for 72hrs + (even more than your 24hrs). 

I have been told its the ISP, its your registered Post Code, its problems with Ports, its problems with your router, its lack of UPnP, its an addressing problem, the VSS is faulty....and I have pursued every one of these issues.

Now it appears that the VSS requires to "hear" a little of Vodafones 3G network inorder to validate that it is actually in the UK.  and 24 hours is suggested because overnight, radio noise dies down and a sensitive receiver will at least "hear" a 3G cell.

In SO42 it won't !  There is little 2G and absolutely NO 3G at all. So when we need a Sure Signal, it will never work.

Hence your advertising that it is a "3G signal boost" even if your staff think it is for where there is NO signal.

OK I can understand this, but I am livid at having spent a month trying every suggestion that you gave, when all the time the problem was fairly obvious to those that know.

Customer support was never like that in my day.

So any suggestions for me now ? how do I persuade my VSS that is really is in the UK?

'Don

1 REPLY 1

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Don,

Apologies if you've not yet had this sorted. If you've spoken to my team previously we'd have supplied you with a six character code to pop in the subject line. You're welcome to reply to any of the previous emails if you'd rather?

We ask that you get in touch using the secure Contact Us form as it's encrypted in line with the Data Protection Act.

It does mean that the page will time out after 10 minutes if left idle so if you need longer to write your email, it may be worth copying and pasting it from a document when you're ready to send in future.

If you'd like to speak to my team using the instructions given, we'll be happy to check your account notes and pick things up from there.

Cheers, Ben