Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS v3 not working

plattdh
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi my VSS v3 worked for about 2 days and now refuses to connect to the internet.

Ive got a solid red light and a flashing internet light. I tried resetting the VSS resetting my router, port forwarding, leaving it for 24 to 48 hours, still with no joy. Starting to feel ive made a mistake porting to Vodafone

Can anyone help please?

SN:

Speed Test Results:

Up:0.91

Down:10.6

Tracert:

C:\Users\Dan>tracert  212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     2 ms     3 ms     2 ms  SkyRouter.Home [192.168.0.1]

2     *        *        *     Request timed out.

3    36 ms    34 ms    36 ms  ip-89-200-132-238.ov.easynet.net [89.200.132.238 ]

4    38 ms    38 ms    43 ms  0278081d.bb.sky.com [2.120.8.29]

5   186 ms    73 ms    32 ms  ae-0-11.edge4.London2.Level3.net [4.69.200.126]

6    33 ms    33 ms    34 ms  ae-3-3.ebr1.London1.Level3.net [4.69.141.189]  

7   31 ms    31 ms    36 ms  ae-43-43.ebr1.London1.Level3.net [4.69.167.26]

8    33 ms    32 ms    32 ms  ae-56-111.csw1.London1.Level3.net [4.69.153.114]

9    31 ms    32 ms    31 ms  ae-122-3508.edge4.London1.Level3.net [4.69.166.1 3]

10    35 ms    37 ms    36 ms  195.50.122.66

11    33 ms    32 ms    32 ms  85.205.116.2  

12   *        *        *     Request timed out.

13     *        *        *     Request timed out.

14     *        *        *     Request timed out.

15     *        *        *     Request timed out.

16     *        *        *    

External IP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the delayed response, Ive not been able to look at this until now.

I have run another traceroute and the time out response was much better, so think that was a one off. I have also tried a reset. Held down the reset button until the power light and the far right light started to flash and then released and re plugged in the cable. Still no joy, I just get a solid power light and a flashing light number 1.

Ive tried resetting my router, and have also tried the device at a neighbours house where the has a different router and a different ISP, the results were exactly the same

Can I try a replacement device? as this has not really worked since I bought it so I assume it must be a faulty untit

I must say I am less than impressed with something that costs £100, judging by the number of posts on the forum I am not the only person to have problems. Im very disappointed, as I switched to Vodafone after bening assured by a CS rep and the online checked that I would have good 3g signal in my area. This is not the case, so I hoped a sure Signal would resolve my issue

What can you suggest from here, as without a suresignal, it is a waste of time

Are vodafone actively looking as to why there are so many issues with these? I  dont meant to rant directly at you as I understand it is not your fault, but am just getting a bit frustrated now

Thanks

Dan

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi plattdh,

Mosdt of the details you posted there look OK, but I did notice that step 5 of the traceroute is spiking pretty high.

It's not hitting the timeout limit of 200ms on this check but can you run another traceroute for me to give us a better idea if it's a one-off or not. If it spikes even higher it could cause the unit to drop out.

I've resynched the Sure Signal, so can you give it a full reset for me following these steps:

• Remove the Ethernet cable from the Sure Signal.
  • Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button.
  • Plug the cable back in.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

If that fails, can you check the Ethernet lights on the Sure Signal and confirm if they're lit, flashing or off for me?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the delayed response, Ive not been able to look at this until now.

I have run another traceroute and the time out response was much better, so think that was a one off. I have also tried a reset. Held down the reset button until the power light and the far right light started to flash and then released and re plugged in the cable. Still no joy, I just get a solid power light and a flashing light number 1.

Ive tried resetting my router, and have also tried the device at a neighbours house where the has a different router and a different ISP, the results were exactly the same

Can I try a replacement device? as this has not really worked since I bought it so I assume it must be a faulty untit

I must say I am less than impressed with something that costs £100, judging by the number of posts on the forum I am not the only person to have problems. Im very disappointed, as I switched to Vodafone after bening assured by a CS rep and the online checked that I would have good 3g signal in my area. This is not the case, so I hoped a sure Signal would resolve my issue

What can you suggest from here, as without a suresignal, it is a waste of time

Are vodafone actively looking as to why there are so many issues with these? I  dont meant to rant directly at you as I understand it is not your fault, but am just getting a bit frustrated now

Thanks

Dan

Not sure what has been done, but it has fired into life this afternoon. I now can get all lights lit and full signal on Iphone, Ipad and Blackberry. Would be interested to know if anything has been done at Vodafone end for future reference.

Thanks

Dan

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi plattdh

I'm glad to see that this is now up and running. 

If you have any further issues, please let us know.

Cheers

DaveCD