cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS v3 slow flashing Internet light. Power light on. No other lights. Virgin Media SuperHub 2

SarahLG77
2: Seeker
Hi, Have recently changed to Virgin media as a cable provider (SuperHub2) and despite working well for a week the two sure signals I have in the house no longer work. We initially had to enable IPSEC pass through to get it to work – fine, but since it has stopped working I have also tried the port forwarding on specific ports with no effect. I have tried resetting, factory resetting and going through your troubleshooting guide with no effect and ended up here. We only have the single unit plugged currently to try and resolve the issue but we now constantly have a red solid light and the internet light flashing - as if it’s going through its initial configuration. We leave for >24 hours but still no difference. We have also de-registered and re-registered the units and still have the same issue. Please advise if you are able to assist. If you believe it is an ISP issue, please advise what the issue is, so we can take it up with them The info you seem to request for these types of issues is included below. Speed Test Results : http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2898766106 Ping Test Results : http://www.pingtest.net/result/84996819.png My Public IP Address : 86.21.64.210 Tracert results : 1 4 ms 1 ms 1 ms routerlogin.net [192.168.0.1] 2 10 ms 12 ms 19 ms cpc24-swin14-2-0-gw.3-1.cable.virginmedia.com [86.21.64.1] 3 21 ms 16 ms 15 ms brhm-core-2a-ae3-2123.network.virginmedia.net [213.105.114.1] 4 15 ms 12 ms 14 ms brhm-bb-1c-ae17-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.73] 5 * * * Request timed out. 6 19 ms 18 ms 19 ms ldngw1.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.209] 7 19 ms 20 ms 18 ms 85.205.116.2 8 * * * Request timed out. 9 * * * Request timed out. 10 * * * Request timed out. Serial Number (Plugged in) : 40131977064 Secondary Unit (Not currently plugged in) : 40130607225
16 REPLIES 16

SarahLG77

Sorry - more readable?

Hi,

Have recently changed to Virgin media as a cable provider (SuperHub2) and despite working well for a week the two sure signals I have in the house no longer work. We initially had to enable IPSEC pass through to get it to work – fine, but since it has stopped working I have tried the port forwarding on specific ports with no effect.

I have tried resetting, factory resetting and going through your troubleshooting guide with no effect. We only have the single unit plugged currently to try and resolve the issue but we now constantly have a red solid light and the internet light flashing - as if it’s going through its initial configuration. We leave for >24 hours but still no difference.

We have also deregistered and re-registered the units and still have the same issue.

Please advise if you are able to assist. If you believe it is an ISP issue, please advise what the issue is, so we can take it up with them.

The info you seem to request for these types of issues is included below.

Speed Test Results : http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2898766106

Ping Test Results : http://www.pingtest.net/result/84996819.png

My Public IP Address : 86.21.64.210

Tracert results :

1 4 ms 1 ms 1 ms routerlogin.net [192.168.0.1]

2 10 ms 12 ms 19 ms cpc24-swin14-2-0-gw.3-1.cable.virginmedia.com [86.21.64.1]

3 21 ms 16 ms 15 ms brhm-core-2a-ae3-2123.network.virginmedia.net [213.105.114.1]

4 15 ms 12 ms 14 ms brhm-bb-1c-ae17-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.73]

5 * * * Request timed out.

6 19 ms 18 ms 19 ms ldngw1.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.209]

7 19 ms 20 ms 18 ms 85.205.116.2

8 * * * Request timed out.

9 * * * Request timed out.

10 * * * Request timed out.and so on...

Serial Number (Plugged in) : 40131977064

Secondary Unit (Not currently plugged in) : 40130607225

Thank you.

Hi SarahLG77,

Many thanks for the repost; it does make it easier to read :smileyhappy:

Everything looks fine with your speed test and ping test. Your IP address is on our whitelist, so no problems there either.

Your traceroute looks fine and although there’s a timeout at hop 5, the trace still reaches our servers.

I’ve checked your serial number and can see that your Sure Signal connected to our servers this morning at 03:23, is everything now working correctly for you?

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi.

Unfortunately no change,

Red light solid. Internet light pulsing slowly...

Hi SarahLG77

This isn’t a light sequence I’ve come across before.

What’s the service light doing (third along next to the internet light)?

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

Service light isn't on at all. The unit looks like it is going through the initial config, which has done successfully in the past, but has now been doing it since the last reset > 2 days ago, and the unit now has not been working for over a week.

I'm surprised you've not come across this issue before, as this forum contains several examples of exactly the same issue. Unfortunately I can't attach a video to demonstrate this, is there an email address I could use?

Regards.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi SarahLG77

You can send the team an email here

Are you able to test it at a different location?

Thanks

Sukhi

Unfortunately, I'm unable to add the attachment.

Will test the unit from another location and let you know what happens.

Hi SarahLG77,

Thanks for the update, let me know how you go on.

Hi pado22,

Thanks for the information, your traceroute, speed test and ping test are all fine. Also, your IP address is on our whitelist, so no problems there.

I’ve checked your serial number and can see that your Sure Signal last connected to our servers at 16:47 on 14 August.

To make certain your Sure Signal is as up to date as possible, I’ve just resynced it for you.

To make sure it completes, can you do a factory reset for me:-

• Find the button on the base of the unit next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around one hour

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks,

Andrew

If I could hijack this thread back...:smileyindifferent:

Have tried both units at a different location and had red light flashing and lights 2 & 4 solid amber after the internet light pulsing for a short time afterwards.

I then moved both units back home and now they are now showing as per the different location - 

Flashing - Off - Solid Amber - Solid Amber.

Have factory reset, with no change on either unit.

Please advise what I should do now? I have heard talk of you resetting units from your side - are you able to do the same for mine?

Serial Numbers : 40131977064 & 40130607225