cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS1 lights 1,2 & 4 on and steady. No 3G signal. Fibre connection.

boblee5
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

After several years of trouble free operation I recently encountered this problem.  On advice of tech services (second line support) I upgraded to fibre connection with Plusnet and installed an ASUS TR-AC66U router with the BT openreach fibre modem (they said the problem was probably the slow upload speed on the copper connection).  High speeds for up and download, excellent range and reliability of connection but still no 3G signal.  I have always had a fixed IP address.  We have 2 registered i-phone 5 handsets, both working fine on 3G elsewhere but no signal from the VSS1.  Although the router is adapted for Plug & Play devices, on advice of tech services I have now opened ports 8, 123, 50, 500, 1723, 4500 all on both TCP/UDP, and the fixed IP address for the VSS1 has been assigned to these ports.  I have re-set VSS1 and router without avail.  Neither my ISP nor my router manufacturer has any idea why this remains not working.  Is it possible the VSS1 box (serial numer 21196771543) has developed a fault?  Vodafone tech service (second line support) by telephone have recently confirmed everything is activated and should be working.  Any suggestions much appreciated.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

No worries Bob,

Thanks for letting me know.

LeeH

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

See below, Tried it and it has worked !!!!!!!!!!!. full 3G signal all phone connected. Thanks   ''An alternative Reset method when you have no 3G signal''

This has worked for myself and at least 2 other people where their SS is showing lights 1,2 and 4 but their phone has no signal.

Try this and if is doesn't work first go, re-register your SS, rinse and repeat....

1 - Hold the reset button until all 4 lights are solid. Don't let go of the button until step 4!

2 - Remove the power cable then the LAN cable

3 - Insert ONLY the power cable

4 - When the lights flash 1, 2, 3 then 4 release the reset button and wait for the unit to boot (5 mins should do it).

5 - Insert the LAN cable and wait (mine took approx 15 mins)

I did this after trying EVERYTHING else had failed and it worked a treat and I can still use my mobile indoors!