cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS1 lights 1,2 & 4 on and steady. No 3G signal. Fibre connection.

boblee5
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

After several years of trouble free operation I recently encountered this problem.  On advice of tech services (second line support) I upgraded to fibre connection with Plusnet and installed an ASUS TR-AC66U router with the BT openreach fibre modem (they said the problem was probably the slow upload speed on the copper connection).  High speeds for up and download, excellent range and reliability of connection but still no 3G signal.  I have always had a fixed IP address.  We have 2 registered i-phone 5 handsets, both working fine on 3G elsewhere but no signal from the VSS1.  Although the router is adapted for Plug & Play devices, on advice of tech services I have now opened ports 8, 123, 50, 500, 1723, 4500 all on both TCP/UDP, and the fixed IP address for the VSS1 has been assigned to these ports.  I have re-set VSS1 and router without avail.  Neither my ISP nor my router manufacturer has any idea why this remains not working.  Is it possible the VSS1 box (serial numer 21196771543) has developed a fault?  Vodafone tech service (second line support) by telephone have recently confirmed everything is activated and should be working.  Any suggestions much appreciated.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

No worries Bob,

Thanks for letting me know.

LeeH

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Are you still getting solid 1,2,4 or some other combo now?

If they are lighting, that would suggest a good link to vodafone, and the port forwarding etc is doing what it is meant to, it just isn't providing a signal to your handset.

If you have a friend's internet connection to use (not a business one as they have their own setup problems) that could be worth trying to rule out your line and equipment.

Also change the postcode of your system to somewhere miles away for an hour, then change it back, in case something somewhere may think you are still on your old adsl line.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there boblee5,

Thanks for posting.

I've been in touch with the 3rd line tech team to see if we can push a firmware update to your VSS.

This should remedy the problem.

Let me know if it's no better after the weekend.

Cheers,

LeeH

Hi LeeH,

Your firmware update has solved the problem.  I now have a strong 3G signal again on both i-phones, within a couple of hours of your messsage.

Many thanks for your help,

Best wishes

Bob

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

No worries Bob,

Thanks for letting me know.

LeeH

HI,

Same issue, how to request the firmare update? As 1st line doesn't seems to be aware of the procedure, and keep resync my SS, which obviously has no effect.

Thanks,

Stephane

Hi James,

Could you please push the update to s/n:21229339391, I got the same issue.

Thanks

iwaneds
4: Newbie
Please push the update to s/n 21227835077. Experiencing the same issue on an iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S3. Both been working fine until today. 4 hard resets carried out to no avail.

I have the same issue with 3 iphones. started same time could you please push update to serial number 21196821900

thanks

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

I’ve passed your serial numbers onto third line our tech team and asked that they push this firmware update out to your Sure Signals. :Smiling:

This may take up to 48 hours.

Thanks,

Jenny