Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS2 Dead

claireendicott
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello.

My VSS2 is dead.  No lights, no phone signal in the house.  I've tried the factory reset process but nothing happens, it remails dead (no lights, no signal in the house).  I've tried it on a different power socket.

Below is the info you've requested from other people experiencing the same.  Please could I get a reply from a Vodfone member of staff advising what to do next?

Thanks,

Claire Endicott

Speedtest result:
Ping 48 ms
Upload 8.13 mbps
Download 0.74 mbps

Pingtest result:
Ping 52 ms
Jitter 4 ms

External IP and IPV6:
81.107.140.27 / ::ffff:516b:8c1b

VSS Serial Number:

VSS traceroute result:

Traceroute.JPG

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @claireendicott,

Please try using an alternative 12v 1.5 power adapter with the Sure Signal. I suspect this is being caused by a power issue.

Thanks, 

Matt B

Thanks Matt - I'm not sure where I am supposed to get one of those from and be certain that it is the correct type and compatible?  Vodafone provided me with the VSS2 free of charge because of your poor network coverage in my area.  Please can you send me an approriate power adapter to the address below to fulful the commitment Vodafone originally made to connecting me with your network?

Hi Claire

Firstly i would recomend removing your details from your post (there are some odd folks on the internet :smileywink: )

Secondly if your using a VSS 2 im not sure it would even be under warranty anymore so not sure Vodafone would be able to provide a replacement powercord but im sure a member or the forum staff would be able to confirm. If you need to find one yourself they can be found on Amazon and im sure there are ones on Ebay.

I know its not great if you have to get one yourself and if you have no network signal at home but no network can guarantee indoor covereage. Depending on the type, age and location of your house it may be difficult/imposable to get a signal in your home. If your too far away from the mast the signal may be too weak, if your in an older house the thickness of the walls and occasional use of metal may restrict signal and newer houses with insulated walls and double glazing create a Faraday Cage preventing the signal entering.

It's the same in the garden and street - our neighbours have the same issues, so I'm not sure it's related to the house.  Hopefully Vodafone will provide a replacement to fulfil their original commitment to keeping us on the network, regardless of whether or not it's in warranty.

Hi @clairendicott

We don’t stock spare power supplies.

You’ll need to source one. @Apple_Fanboy has provided some great information.

Thanks,

Wayne