Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS2 not connecting

fatboi
2: Seeker

I have 2 VSS2 devices in my house, and both have been rock solid for over 2 years. One is connected to the router, the other one is at the other end of the house via homeplugs.  Over the last week, the one connected to the router is not connecting - it has the red power light on, and the system light next to it flashing. Have tried rebooting the device (press reset button until lights go out, power off, power on etc) several times and leaving for at least 24 hours, but the system light remains flashing.

It would appear not to be a network/internet problem as the remote unit is still working fine. Serial number of the affected unit is 40120540352.  Can you check at your end if there is a problem. Re-synch perhaps?

14 REPLIES 14

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi fatboi,

We emailed you on 22 June, please check your junk/spam folders.

If it’s not there, please reply to the auto reply email you had from us when you submitted your details.

We can then resend the email.

Thanks,

Gemma

fatboi

Already checked - no sign of the email or the auto-reply.

I sent another message yesterday with my username and link to this thread, but using a different email address. Got an auto-reply Ref #7578944. Can you send to that email address, as there is clearly some problem with the original one.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi fatboi,

I can see you received a reply to that email yesterday.

Thanks,

Sukhi

fatboi

OK, I've given up on this, can't be bothered anymore. I now remember why I didn't follow this up two years ago.

I sent an email with an explanation of the problem, with two screenshots: one showing MY postcode (with the wrong address), and another with a neighbouring postcode (which at least shows the correct town). I received an email back from someone (whose first language clearly isn't English) explaining how they'd resolved the problem. They have changed my postcode to the neighbouring postcode (but only on one of my two SureSignal boxes). So, I have one device with the correct postcode (but an address 70 miles away), and the other with an incorrect postcode (which is about 2 miles away, but does show the correct town).  I have now changed the incorrect postcode back to the correct one.

Why didn't someone grasp the core issue, namely, whatever PAF (postal address file) database you are using is incorrect for my postcode, or there's a bug on the website?  Maybe it IS rocket science...

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi fatboi,

As this is related to your account, I'll be unable to assist you here. 

We can help address this if you reply to the email that was sent to you on 5 August. 

Thanks,

Ben