Ask

Solution

VSS3 New User Registration Issues

Obsidian
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi,

Serial: 40134637459

I've owned a brand new vss3 for approx 24hrs and have problems from the start. First of all the VSS3 only shows the power, internet and service lights. The remaining User Light isn't displayed all of the time. Is that correct? The pamphlet makes no mention of this.

I attempted to add a new user with a forename, surname and mobile in the 07 format. Although this showed correctly on the website, the VSS3 never allowed the phone to connect. It also then stopped allowing my own phone to connect. This was despite the fact that the VSS3 was working fine with my phone only minutes before. After resetting, dereg'ing a number of times I added the user without ANY forename or surname and changed the mobile to the 447 format. After a period of approx 8hrs this user could then connect to the VSS3 and so can I. Is this correct? This is NOT mentioned anywhere in the pamphlet OR on the website.

I have a very bad signal where I live, this is despite the phones themselves showing a very strong signal (this is an issue I have raised with vodafone a number of occasions) I am hoping that despite the normal signal showing strong, my phone will default to the VSS3 instead. Is this correct?

Regards

Obsidian
1 REPLY 1

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Obsidian,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Sukhi