Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS3 TalkTalk Fibre HG533 and Openreach HG612 issues

Greenie
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

May be of some helo for people upgrading to Fibre ...  My VSS3 started with Red stable and first white flashing, So I changed the NAT to allow the ports to forward (8,50,53 etc) then got a Fashing Red and a constant Amber.  The Unit would not reset properly and so a replacement was issued.  Again started with constant red and a flashing White and after re-synching stayed on line for 48hrs and then went into error (flashing Red and constant Amber).  If I reset then it would stay op for anther 48 hr..  Tried forwarding all the IP port ranges and still no success.   FINALLY I had the brainwave of putting the VSS 3 directly connected to the Openreach fibre (EchoLife HG612 fiber to the curb (FTTC) Very High Speed Digital Subscriber Line (VDSL) Network Termination Equipment (NTE) ) and linking the Wireless Router (the GH533 Gateway) through the VSS3.  This way no routing or NAT seems to be needed because all the ports are open and the box, after a factory reset and re-synch request is working perfectly.  HOORAY!!!

1 REPLY 1

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Greenie,

I really appreciate your sharing this info. Having members of the community share tips like this is invaluable in helping others.

I've added a couple of tags on to your post to make sure it's easier to find for anyone finding themselves in a similar situation with this service. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben