Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Verify location reminders!

napowell
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I keep getting emails/texts asking to verify the location of my Sure Signal box, even though it hasn't moved. I understand that outside factors (IP addresses etc) can affect this but my grievance is with the Vodafone website and lack of customer support (surprise! surprise!).

First problem, when I initially tried to sort this online the site was down for maintenance, which is fair enough...

Second problem, when I final managed to log into my account I cannot see where there is an option to 'manage' my existing Sure Signal box, as directed by the email. I only seem to be able to register a new one and when i tried entering the details of my box I just got the error message that it was already registered.

Third problem, I tried finding a solution on the e-forum only to find others with the same issue and no solution offered from Vodafone. The criticism of the support on these forums appears to be fully justified.

Fourth problem, no abililty to email for support, which is particularly frustrating when nobody is available to take your call on the matter on 191.

Fifth problem, having found out from a forum response that the lack of an email option is because it is felt an online 'Live Chat' provides better service imagine my disappointment that at 9.30 in the evening the message that nobody was available and it was suggested to try the aforementioned e-forums for a solution to problem.

So, in light of the above issues, it is blantly clear that your website is poor, customer service (when you're not trying to flog a contract) is non-existent and your idea of customer support is to join an e-forum! 

I am therefore left with only one option and that is to request that you PLEASE STOP SENDING ME MESSAGES ASKING ME TO SOLVE AN ISSUE I CANNOT FIX BECAUSE OF YOUR LOUSY WEBSITE DESIGN AND POOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT!

Yours Sincerely

Another disgruntled customer.

4 REPLIES 4

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi napowell,

I'm sorry you feel this way. Usually, swapping your Sure Signal postcode to another (such as ST1 5GP) and then swapping it back again will solve this issue.

During peak times, there may be a short wait ###### the chat window popup.

When you're logged in to My Vodafone, you can manage your device under the Sure Signal banner. If your unit isn't showing, then I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here.

Cheers, Ben

I too have a problem with my sure signal, I have been texted many times asking to confirm postcode when no change has happened. I have tried setting the postcode to Vodafone's STpostcode and then changeing it back to my LL65 2AX postcdoe but I am still getting messages which is very annoying. Can someone help? My serial number is 40114672245. Thanks Richard

Hi skyrutherford,

We've manually updated this for you now.

The text messages should now stop coming through.

Thanks,

Matt B

Thanks Matt,

I shall watch my texts with bated breath..........

Cheers Richard