cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Version 3 (Power - flashing, Internet - solid orange, In Service - solid orange, In Use - off)

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

This thread's been created to discuss and troubleshoot the version 3 Sure Signal when the light sequence is as follows:

• Power: Flashing
  • Internet: Solid Orange
  • In Service: Solid Orange
  • In Use: Off

Cause

This light sequence indicates the Sure Signal's not active because the location check has failed

Troubleshooting

Please verify the location is correct to which the Sure Signal is registered. If the location is correct and the symptoms continue please post at the end of this thread with your Sure Signal serial number.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

LeeH

58 REPLIES 58

Hi,

The lights I have:

Solid red, solid power, solid network.

'User' light isn't on, and of course I am getting no coverage / service.

Tried resetting, tried de-registering and then registering again.

You assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,

Yoav

JohnDoody
2: Seeker

Hi, I have verified my postcode and telephone number but still in use off.

S.no is40131982072

Thanks

craigyd01
Miraculously, Sure Signal seems to be working this morning for the first time!!! No intervention from me, do I assume Vosafone have done something!

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

This issue has now been resolved. 

Moving forward you may need to unplug your router and Sure Signal for up to 10 minutes, before reconnecting them both.

Hi Sukhi,

Things don't appear to be resolved for me.

I unplugged router and VSS3 for 10mins but still no joy connecting.

Can you advise further?

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@matchmaker

Please try connecting your Sure Signal in another location, such as a friend or family member's house. You’ll need to leave it connected for at least 24 hours.

We'll then be able to determine if the problems are specific to your location and router or with the Sure Signal itself.

It's also worth trying another Ethernet cable so we can rule out the connection as the problem.

My ss isnt working either.

A further tweak to my router firewall and what must be my 50th reset in a week seems to be doing the trick. The SS is configuring itself. I hope I am going to get two solid white lights shortly.

EDIT. All working now.

jayg
Yes all working, l fiddled with some setting on my Sky Hub and then your colleague refreshed my sure signal.

Smudger32

I am experiancing the same problem

The serial number is 42150978668

Thanks

S