cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Version 3 Sure Signal (Power - flashing, Internet - solid orange, In Service - off, In Use - off)

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

This thread's been created to discuss and troubleshoot the version 3 Sure Signal when the light sequence is as follows:

• Power: Flashing
  • Internet: Solid Orange
  • In Service: Off
  • In Use: Off

Cause

This light sequence indicates the Sure Signal's not active and it has been unable to authenticate on the Vodafone network

Troubleshooting

Please restart your Sure Signal. If the symptoms continue please add the following details to this thread:

• Your speed test results from here
  • Your ping test results from here
  • Your external IP address from here
  • Your Sure Signal serial number
  • The results of a traceroute

Traceroute command:

On a PC:

1. Click on Start and select Run
  2. Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
  3. A black box will appear
  4. In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
  5. Paste the output of this command into your reply

On a Mac:

1. Open Terminal (Applications, Utilities)
  2. Type 'traceroute 212.183.133.177'
  3. Press Enter

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

LeeH

558 REPLIES 558

adamajis
4: Newbie
I am unable to try it at another location.

Have you looked into the possibility of an issue with your servers?

The sure signal seems to work fine apart from this intermittent issue.

My Internet is fine so there is no issue with bt that I can see.

Can you please answer all my other questions above that have seemed to be repeatedly ignored?

adamajis

for the last few days, the vss has been doing something new. The last two lights on the right have begun to light up orange and the unit has been filing and dropping calls.

what does this mean?

Noel
1: Seeker

adamajis
Can we have an update on the bt issue. Can somebody tell us what the issue is? The link previously posted was inadequate

adamajis
It looks as though people on different systems and different providers are having the same issue. It is probably nothing to do with providers quite clearly. I don't use a home hub I use an apple AirPort Extreme router connected to the bt modem directly. All this points to something with either your sure signal three or your servers. People have had problems after upgrading their sure signal to 3 whereas before they did not.

Why do you not have the info on the bt issue? That's just ridiculous. It really is. Please tell me why you cannot share this information.

adamajis
I still get the impression no one is doing anything about this apart from resynchronisation and resets

adamajis
Regardless of the way I feel, you still have not told me what the issue is. Either tell me what you know or admit on this public forum you have not a clue about what is going on and are resynchronising and resetting in the false hope of something magically sorting itself out.

MarkGee
2: Seeker
Hi,

I've never managed to get my V3 stable. It typically lasts a few days before dropping calls or resetting. I've now tried two V3s with both having the same issue. Changing router settings to give the V3 dedicated bandwidth made no difference. I don't have an alternate broadband connection to try and to be honest I can't live around a friends house for three days to test it.

At this stage I gave up. Assuming that it was a problem with my broadband from Sky.

However, I've recently been provided with an O2 BoostBox from work. Same broadband connection, same router and same hardware manufacturer (Alcatel). It has been rock solid for over a week with no dropped calls. The ports required on the device are the same as the V3. The V3 has never been this stable.

My question is why is the O2 BoostBox working? Has anyone who reads this forum actually had a SureSignal V3 that's stable?

Mark

adamajis
Never stable in the long term so far.

Poor customer and technical support that either don't know anything or don't tell you anything.

trudieball

Flashing red light 2nd light off 3rd and 4th light solid orange.

Speed 0.53mbs

Ping 92ms

Jitter 8ms

IP 62.8.113.139

Serial no. 4500888076

C:\Users\Trudie>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    60 ms    61 ms    62 ms  dacowin7lap.daco.co.uk [192.168.210.26]   2    62 ms    62 ms    63 ms  192.168.210.254   3    63 ms    60 ms    63 ms  dacoscientific-01.hiway.co.uk [62.8.113.137]   4    86 ms    87 ms    87 ms  l0.lnsgw11.thd.uk.as8586.net [213.246.145.233]   5    86 ms    89 ms    86 ms  PoCh2.lnsbr01.thd.uk.as8586.net [213.246.177.221 ]   6    85 ms    85 ms    85 ms  xe1-5.core01.thd.uk.as8586.net [212.58.37.118]   7    85 ms    87 ms    87 ms  host-78-144-3-76.as13285.net [78.144.3.76]   8   237 ms   109 ms   105 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]   9   120 ms   211 ms   105 ms  85.205.116.2  10     *        *        *     Request timed out.  11     *        *        *     Request timed out.  12     *        *        *     Request timed out.  13     *        *        *     Request timed out.  14     *        *        *     Request timed out.  15     *        *        *     Request timed out.  16     *        *        *     Request timed out.  17     *        *        *     Request timed out.  18     *        *        *     Request timed out.  19     *        *        *     Request timed out.  20     *        *        *     Request timed out.  21     *        *        *     Request timed out.  22     *        *        *     Request timed out.  23     *        *        *     Request timed out.  24     *        *        *     Request timed out.  25     *        *        *     Request timed out.  26     *        *        *     Request timed out.  27     *        *        *     Request timed out.  28     *        *        *     Request timed out.  29     *        *        *     Request timed out.  30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Help!