cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Version 3 Sure Signal (Power - flashing, Internet - solid orange, In Service - off, In Use - off)

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

This thread's been created to discuss and troubleshoot the version 3 Sure Signal when the light sequence is as follows:

• Power: Flashing
  • Internet: Solid Orange
  • In Service: Off
  • In Use: Off

Cause

This light sequence indicates the Sure Signal's not active and it has been unable to authenticate on the Vodafone network

Troubleshooting

Please restart your Sure Signal. If the symptoms continue please add the following details to this thread:

• Your speed test results from here
  • Your ping test results from here
  • Your external IP address from here
  • Your Sure Signal serial number
  • The results of a traceroute

Traceroute command:

On a PC:

1. Click on Start and select Run
  2. Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
  3. A black box will appear
  4. In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
  5. Paste the output of this command into your reply

On a Mac:

1. Open Terminal (Applications, Utilities)
  2. Type 'traceroute 212.183.133.177'
  3. Press Enter

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

LeeH

558 REPLIES 558

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Uponlblizec,

Thanks for posting. The only extra details we'll need at this point are your Sure Signal serial number and if this is your first time setting up the service? Also, are you able to test your Sure Signal on another internet connection so we can rule out either a fault with your unit or your ISP? I look forward to your reply. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Hi Ben,

The serial number of the device is:

I don't have an easy way of checking it on another internet connection - and certainly not one in the same postcode.

If I can get it checked by registering a different postcode temporarily please let me know - that will take a few days to sort out.

Thanks,

UponIblizec

.. And yes, this is the first time I have set up this service.

MarkGee
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been having numerous issues with my V3 Sure Signal. I've even changed my router and configured QoS settings to ensure it has dedicated bandwidth. I've had numerous drop calls, the same lights for this thread and sometimes no lights though it has been plugged-in. It also gets very hot during operation. Sometimes it's almost too hot to hold for any length of time.

Other streaming applications (including remote desktop) don't show any network interruptions when the calls are dropped.

Serial Number: 40131133288

External Address: 90.201.5.144

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms home.gateway.home.gateway [192.168.1.254]
2 42 ms 39 ms 42 ms 5ac905be.bb.sky.com [90.201.5.190]
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 47 ms 46 ms 47 ms ip-84-38-37-34.easynet.co.uk [84.38.37.34]
5 46 ms 47 ms 47 ms te0-1-0-0.er10.thlon.ov.easynet.net [89.200.134.123]
6 155 ms 42 ms * 195.50.122.113
7 64 ms 62 ms 63 ms 195.50.122.66
8 104 ms 57 ms 58 ms 85.205.116.14
9 * * * Request timed out.

Ping: 43 ms
Jitter: 2 ms
Download: 2.92 Mbps
Upload: 0.61 Mbps

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi MarkGee,

Thanks for your post.

All of the tests that you’ve done look fine and I can see that the Sure signal did update on the server this morning at 03:23.

Are you still having the same issue today?

Also, what happens if you turn off all of the other equipment connected through your internet connection?

If you can let me know I can check this out in more detail for you.

James

Hi James,

I've been testing over the last couple of days with nothing connected to the Internet other than the Sure Signal. I'm still getting dropped calls and last night it stopped working with the same light pattern.

Ani ideas?

One of the primary reasons I recently switched to Vodafone was because of the promise of a good mobile signal using this device.

Hi Mark, 

Dropped calls could indicate something at our end so I'd like to take a look into your account.

Click here to get in touch with the team

Paul 

adamajis
4: Newbie
Once again after a reset it is working.

I still need to know why this is happening?

Is anyone looking into this?

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

It tends to happen because the secure tunnel that is required to protect your phone calls isn't being allowed through your home networking kit for whatever reason - it isn't just standard web traffic.

If an off the shelf router works, but one that has been heavily modified and provided by a service provider does not, then it could be any part of the custom firmware that is making things not work as they should... They may have even decided that a certain feature is not needed by their customers and removed the ability from the router alltogether.

So to find out why it is happening and what the cause is, there are a huge number of variables to test, and most of which VF don't have any control over... The ones that they do (resetting the system their end, forcing resyncs, rebooting devices, whitelisting IP address, checking the traffic is trying ) are often suggested as a first attempt.

Finding out why a certain brand of router is not allowing the traffic through is a little harder, as they won't know what changes have been made, and what is being blocked and why.

Got cut off mid call just now. Vss self reset. Can someone look into what happened and tell me?