cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Version 3 VSS Lights (Power - flashing, Internet - off, In Service - orange, In Use - orange)

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

This thread has been created to discuss and troubleshoot the version 3 Sure Signal when the light sequence is as follows:

• Power: Flashing
  • Internet: Off
  • In Service: Solid Orange
  • In Use: Solid Orange

Cause

This light sequence indicates the Sure Signal's not active and it has been unable to authenticate on the Vodafone network

Troubleshooting

Please restart your Sure Signal. If the symptoms continue please add the following details to this thread:

• Your speed test results from here
  • Your ping test results from here
  • Your external IP address from here
  • Your Sure Signal serial number
  • The results of a traceroute

Traceroute command:

On a PC:

1. Click on Start and select Run
  2. Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
  3. A black box will appear
  4. In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
  5. Paste the output of this command into your reply

On a Mac:

1. Open Terminal (Applications, Utilities)
  2. Type 'traceroute 212.183.133.177'
  3. Press Enter

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

LeeH

2,480 REPLIES 2,480

@Gemma  I plugged the SS into a neighbour's internet, as you suggested and after an hour or two got the two white lights, so I guess it has to be a problem with my broadband. But what can it be?  Help!

@Gemma,

Many thanks for the help and info.

Could you please clarify the I.P addresses to be added.

Thanks

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

@MarkAbblett – Your IP address isn’t showing on our database so I’ve requested that this is added.

Please test this again in 48 hours.

@MarkOne – Did you leave this connected for 24 hours?

I recommend you try another Ethernet cable as your Sure Signal hasn’t fully updated recently.

@Dodge_Kev – The IP addresses to be allowed on the router & firewall are:

• 133.177-179
  • 133.181-182
  • 131.128-191

@arukDave – The IP addresses we’ve posted are the same – these are just shown in a different format.

@jvillani – Your Sure Signal isn’t fully connecting to our servers. 

Please de-register this, leave for 2 hours and then re-register again.

Thanks,

Jenny

@Jenny,

Thanks for the info but don't IP address' consist of blocks of four numbers ?

I have to enter 69 IP address' manually !

Jenny:

<Quote>

• 133.177-179
  • 133.181-182
  • 131.128-191

@arukDave – The IP addresses we’ve posted are the same – these are just shown in a different format.

<UnQuote>

How can the above, (how it appears in these messages) be correct?

The addresses are not even complete.   In fact, these you posted, are even less complete (the two most significant octets are missing) than before!

There is more than enough confusion over all this than is sane anyway.  So why add more obfuscation?

Regards.

Dave Baxter.

Hi there,

This is not funny anymore. I have deregistered this morning at 11:30. It's now 14:30 and trying to reregister I'm getting a "Sorry, the Serial number you are trying to register is already registered..."

I've done my bit, now it's your turn.

Thanks

Jerome

Hi everyone,

@MarkOne - I've had a look into this further and I can see that your IP address is registered outside the UK. You'll need to speak to your ISP and get them to assign a UK IP address before your Sure Signal will work again.

@Dodge_Kev - My apologies for the confusion. Please find the correct IP address range below:

212.183.133.177 to 212.183.133.179
212.183.133.181 to 212.183.133.182
212.183.131.128 to 212.183.131.191

@jvillani - Email us and we'll have a look into this - follow the link here for how to get in touch.

Thanks,

Matt B

You say "@MarkOne - I've had a look into this further and I can see that your IP address is registered outside the UK. You'll need to speak to your ISP and get them to assign a UK IP address before your Sure Signal will work again."

This does notr seem to make any sense - the IP addresses are allocated dynamically by my Broadband provider (which is Plusnet, under the Madasafish/Globalnet brand). They said my current IP is 146.200.49.193 which is registered to them in Sheffield.

This is confirmrd  by my own check: http://ipprops.co/ip/146.200.49.193

Can we have another try at solving this problem, please?  I have had NO mobile service here for 10 days now!

Hi MarkOne:

Sadly your IP when searched for on the RIPE database

https://apps.db.ripe.net/search/query.html

Shows up as a non RIPE managed address block.

(Vodafone have said they use this service to tell if the connection originates from within the UK)

There is a lot of IP space trading going on worldwide these days, as the IPv4 space is used up, so sadly it is quite common for ISP's to buy and sell IP address blocks.

PlusNet are one of the more common ones who do this in the UK.   They are now part owned by BT afik.

Others have resolved this by talking to them, and getting PlusNet to only allocate IP's to their routers, that are known and originally allocated to be within the UK.

Best Regards.