Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Broadband connected, SureSignal dead

martinpeake
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

On Monday, my broadband was transferred from Sky to Vodafone. At this time, Vodafone lost my number of 20 years and refused to investigate. Already this is a bad experience.

Then, the model 1 SureSignal packs up. I continually call support, and continually get dumped off after 10 minutes wait because of an "emergency". At this point, I am regretting transferring my broadband. I finally get through tonight at the 4th attempt, Vodafone having had three "emergencies" and am told the SureSignal support is closed. I did try calling from work, but was refused help because I wasn't in front of the SureSignal and I'm not trusted to answer questions.

So, yet again my SureSignal is broken, I can't get a reply from Vodafone and my phone number is gone. I think I have 30 days to abandon Vodafone Broadband, and I'm pretty sure my 4 handset accounts are going the same way when they expire.

This is customer service at its worst. Cna anyone on this forum help? I have done all the reset protocols (no difference), and since I can ping the SureSignal I know it is connected to my LAN. But can I talk to anyone? I seriously doubt it.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Regarding your Sure Signal.

It may also be worth trying a different power supply with the SureSignal (Version 1 & 2 ), as there have been some reports of replacement power supplies solving the issues. Even if lights / power are showing. They are available on eBay for around £10.

From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

My-sure-signal-has-stopped-working-what-should-I-do.

Also look at this and if nothing helps use the 'Issue Not listed' and repost your trace here. Troubleshooting Link.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Retired-Charles
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@martinpeake - Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

• Your speed test results from here.

• Your ping test results from here.

• Your external IP address from here.

• The results of a traceroute.

• Your Sure Signal serial number: 

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

1. Click on Start and select Run

2. Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

3. A black box will appear.

4. In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

5. Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.