cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Connect router. Can it print wirelessly through the USB ports?

arochester
1: Seeker

I have a Vodafone Connect router. It has two USB ports. Can I connect my printer by USB to one of these ports and print wirelessly? How?

I have tried the instructions here: https://help.vodafone.co.nz/app/answers/detail/a_id/11573/~/connect-a-printer-to-your-vodafone-broad... . My printer is recognised and named on the "map". But when I try to print I get a printer error both in Windows 10 and Debian Linux.

I have a Zyxel NBG4615. It has two USB ports. I could connect my printer by USB to one of those ports and print wirelessly

1 REPLY 1

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

It all depends if the USB ports are setup for Printing, Storage, 4G Dongle connectivity, or a mixture of the above..

If you log into the web console for the router, are there any Storage/Printer options available? I've not actually seen one of these routers yet, so kind of guessing.

The How To that you posted was for Vodafone NZ, who will have different hardware to what the UK use, so wouldn't follow that too much

Unless of course you are in NZ, in which case you have come to the UK forum, so not sure we will be of much use either.

Hopefully having a look around the router menus may shed some further light on it for you.