Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Has No Sure Signals

killickp
4: Newbie

Well after a pointless week of talking to Vodafone about the poor network coverage and use less network checker.

Oh and the fact this company has no Sure Signals in stock and they cannot tell us when they might arrive I managed to purchase one from e**y that well know auction store.

Ordered Thursday 16:00 and it arrived yesterday, picked it up from the post office today and will be up and running again shortly.

Now this cost me £150 to buy, but was new and considering I am paying £80 for contracts a month see this as a small price to pay as Vodafone do not care about us the customer, they make all the gestures but really we are stuck in those contracts so they don't give a flying .......

Well come March 2016 I will be moving to another provider all I can say is Kevin cannot stand waiting, so off to a company that has a transmitter in Lingfield that works, provides 3G and a decent signal.

I implore all you people who have bad customer experience to show Vodafone with your feet and walk when you can, also communicate to your friends who may also think hey Vodafone lets try them no tell them of our experiences and then they may change their ways.

9 REPLIES 9

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@killickp 

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

If you have any difficulties with your Sure Signal, please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

DaveCD

DaveCD

I had to reset the device about 5 times on Saturday eventually it registered.

So now have mobile reception at home, but my views on the customer service and network service has not changed. I will leave once my contract is up for renewal.

Hi @killickp 

Thanks for letting us know.

If you need anything further help with this, just pop us another post.

Thanks,

Sarah

The Sure Signal is as unreliable as the service from Vodafone, the support team have a script and they follow it to the letter. Please March 2016 come round fast so I can move from this 3rd world telecoms company.

EE have excellent coverage here in Lingfield and that who I will go to.

Hi @killickp 

It’s disappointing to hear this has happened again.

Please follow the troubleshooting guide DaveCD provided you and we can help you with this.

Thanks,

Sarah

I run an IT company and know the guide backwards.

Once my contracts are up for renewal 3 phones will leave Vodafone once and for all, I have been with you for over 10 years. My recent dealings with the customer services or lack of has made my mind up, if I had the attitude you have my business would be gone.

Thanks for the advice, my advice to Vodafone is provide a quality service with a quality customer service.

Hi @killickp,

If you provide us with the template as per DCD's instructions, we can investigate this further for you.

Thanks,

Matt

My Sure Signal is back online and has been for a while.

I will still be leaving VF due to the treatment from Customer Services.

killickp
4: Newbie

Sure Signal will not register, I have Red Flashing with Phone and Wireless LEDS orange and flashing.

The sure signal has been registered with your network as per step 1.