Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone SS V3 stopped working

matthewfarrow
4: Newbie

Background: V3 SS box working fine for several months prior to this. I have reset (inc factory reset) on numerous occasions. I have taken all other items off my network and closed down my wireless just in case.

Speed Test - 4.78 down and 0.35 up (tested at 5:30PM which is a busy time of day, it improves at less busy times).

External IP Address 212.56.109.145

I have forwarded ports 8, 50, 123, 500, 4500, 1723

Router is NetGear DGND3700v2. Firmware up to date.

VSS serial - 40134923271

Tracer route: C:\Users>cd.. C:\>tracert 212.183.133.177 Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1

23 REPLIES 23

Thank you.  Email sent.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi matthewfarrow,

Thanks, We've got your email from yesterday under reference [#7664075]. We'll aim to reply in under 48 hours. :Smiling:

Cheers, 

Ben

OK so this still isn't sorted.

Everytime I call to try and arrange a repiar or replacement I'm fobbed off.

Last time it was "we need to upgrade the software".

This time the chap is telling me that there is a minimum upload speed.  This is a first.  In all the time I've been trying to get this sorted upload speeds have not been mentioned as a potential issue just download speeds.

I've also been told that if I send the VSS box back to Vodafone and no issues are found I will be charged for it, but not how much.  I can't understand how you can work like this.

To be quite honest, I'm well sick it.

I'll ebay the VSS (as faulty) then find a provider that offers me a better mobile connection as soon as my contract allows.  My wife will be doing the same.

I'm disappointed in how difficult Vodafone has made this process.

VSS

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-accessories/sure-signal

No mention of uploaded speeds.

And yes, I've just checked back - my first post also outlines my upload speed at the time, perhaps that would have been a good time to mention upload speeds if they are going to be an issue.

I've just googled upload speeds and people are being told they need to be anywhere from 0.4MBS to what I was told today at 1.5MBS.  I hardly know anyone with more than 1.0MBS upload speed.  The more I research this the more it is making me really annoyed.

Hi matthewfarrow,

Your upload speed, which you quoted in your first post is fine.

You are within your rights to get the Sure Signal repaired and this offer still stands.

Thanks,

Ian