Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone SS V3 stopped working

matthewfarrow
4: Newbie

Background: V3 SS box working fine for several months prior to this. I have reset (inc factory reset) on numerous occasions. I have taken all other items off my network and closed down my wireless just in case.

Speed Test - 4.78 down and 0.35 up (tested at 5:30PM which is a busy time of day, it improves at less busy times).

External IP Address 212.56.109.145

I have forwarded ports 8, 50, 123, 500, 4500, 1723

Router is NetGear DGND3700v2. Firmware up to date.

VSS serial - 40134923271

Tracer route: C:\Users>cd.. C:\>tracert 212.183.133.177 Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1

23 REPLIES 23

Hi matthewfarrow,

I can see the resync was successful, however the Sure Signal still hasn't hit our server.

Can you try the Sure Signal at a different location, ideally with a different ISP?

Thanks,

Ian

Hi there,

I have been away on holiday and left my VSS plugged in at my brothers house on a different router and a different ISP and it hadn't connected by the time I arrived back a week later.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Matthew.

Hi matthewfarrow,

Please deregister the Sure Signal at your house, leave it for 24 hours, then re-register it.

If possible, please register it to one of the other numbers that you have allocated to the Sure Signal.

Thanks,

Ian

OK - thank you.  I have now de-registered it.  I will re-register in a couple of days using my Wife's phone number which is also Vodafone.  

matthewfarrow
4: Newbie

Hello,

I deregistered and then re-registered the VSS.  I left it from yesterday at about 2pm and as of this morning I still just had the white flashing internet light on.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi matthewfarrow,

As the Sure Signal still isn't reaching our servers, it would suggest a fault.

You can find out how to arrange a warranty repair here.

Cheers, 

Ben

Hello team.

I have contacted customer services and they are saying there is more "troubleshooting" to be done before they will repair or replace my VSS box.

" we will re-sync the device from our end then you will follow the below steps" and then "Holding the button for 5 seconds will result in a reset or Holding the button for 10-15 seconds will result in the sure signal being switched off."

Can you confirm whether this is really necessary.  I'm getting fed up with this.  The box cost me £100 and for the last month I've been unable to use it.

Matthew

Hi matthewfarrow,

It’s still not made any contact with our network.

With it also not working via a different connection, as Ben_H advised it does look like a faulty Sure Signal.

Thanks,

Gemma

Well after the "update" from tech support that "would definitely" make it work after six hours, threedays later and it still isn't working.

Needless to say, I'm pretty hacked off by all this.

Hi matthewfarrow,

Providing you've had the Sure Signal less than 2 years, we'll be able to arrange a repair.

Email us - following the instructions here and we'll get it sorted for you.

Thanks,

Matt B