Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Shop Error for Sure Signal

davos
4: Newbie

Hi

I was just trying to help someone buy a Sure Signal from the Vodafone Shop website, on this page:

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-phone/accessories/SKU75375-white

However, when I clicked the Add To Basket, it wouldn't do anything, it just showed question marks, i.e. ???????, below the button.  I was using Google Chrome, but the same thing happened in an old version of IE.  

I don't think it was user error on my part.  This was very disappointing.  I am posting this here, because attempting to e-mail Vodafone was difficult, i.e. getting mesmerised by the Contact Us page, which is overly complex.  

Come on Vodafone, you can do better than this.  

Rgds

Davos

21 REPLIES 21

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@rox666 

Apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for your suggestions, we'll pass this feedback on.

DaveCD

I'm not surprised by the lack of an 'update' if Vodafone have some major technical or supplier issues (must be if it's months) but I am disappointed that nobody seems to be listening to actually the fix the very simple '??????' issue on the website. 

It would also be nice not to have a standard robotic 'we will update you as soon as we can' message that seems to be given to everyone that asks. 

?????? Bizarre way of expressing themselves for a communications company. I asked the tech team member about the many SS posts on the forum. He said "I don't read the forum - no one ever comes on to praise you." 

Have to agree with all the above.  Looking back through this post (and others) this has been going on since October last year (3 months now). 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Latest-Vodafone-news/Sure-Signal/td-p/2272361

No update on this thread since 2nd October!

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Latest-Vodafone-news/Sure-Signal-stock/td-p/2319696

This one from 2nd December still referencing a stock issue!

No change on the website, no information its disgraceful.  A change to the website can be done in seconds and even if it needs QA approval and/or authorisation it shouldn't take months!  I thought my company was slow getting things done!

As each day passes O2, EE, 3, Tesco or any of the many other providers are looking like better options.  Hell, even 2 cups and a bit of string would provide better comms than I have now!

Strange thing is that there are plenty of new SureSignal's coming up for sale on ebay. I resorted to getting one myself, thankfully at a reasonable price. The box was sealed and the sales order sticker is dated 25/11/14 so it is brand new and proves that these things are around - just can't be bought from Vodafone!!  

Either way, once the contract is up all phones will be moving to EE, who, in this instance at least, have provided a much better service.

And judging by the quantities some Ebay users have for sale it does make you wonder where they are getting them from.

For me £100 from Vodafone was overpriced so I would'nt be able to stomach over £100 for a used one one Ebay!

Hi everyone,

For updates on the Vodafone Sure Signal stock, please see our Sure Signal statement.

Cheers,

Laura

Sorry if this seems a bit picky (actually, im not sorry at all!), but that statement is already a month out of date at best!  It was posted at the beginning of December (nearly 2 months ago) and clearly says ...

"We will be receiving more stock over the coming weeks, but stock levels are likely to remain limited until the latter part of December."

That clearly isn't relevant now as there is still no stock (apparently) and you clearly aren't (haven't) had new stock in the 'latter part of December'.

Maybe, rather than linking to posts that are clearly out dated not uninformative, perhaps provide a bit more information about whats going on!

It's two months since I raised the original error, and it has STILL not been updated with an out of stock message.  This is a very poor show.  

Would a forum moderator be able to provide me with the contact details for whoever looks after the Vodafone Shop website?  I'll contact them myself as there is evidently some communication breakdown here.  

Thanks

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @davos 

I've passed this over so that this can be looked into. We'll update you as soon as we know more.

Thanks,

Sukhi