Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Shop Error for Sure Signal

davos
4: Newbie

Hi

I was just trying to help someone buy a Sure Signal from the Vodafone Shop website, on this page:

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-phone/accessories/SKU75375-white

However, when I clicked the Add To Basket, it wouldn't do anything, it just showed question marks, i.e. ???????, below the button.  I was using Google Chrome, but the same thing happened in an old version of IE.  

I don't think it was user error on my part.  This was very disappointing.  I am posting this here, because attempting to e-mail Vodafone was difficult, i.e. getting mesmerised by the Contact Us page, which is overly complex.  

Come on Vodafone, you can do better than this.  

Rgds

Davos

21 REPLIES 21

uk_coops
4: Newbie

Agree - I could'nt believe how shockingly bad this was. They are out of stock but it makes you think there is an issue with your computer. I've reported it to a couple people at Vodafone but they don't want to know. How simple can it be to put a message on there to say "Sorry we are out of stock, please come back in xx day" or send an email when thy are back in stock.

It's been weeks since they have been out of stock and they are not cheap either.

See below, apparently getting some in stock in a couple of weeks.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Unable-to-Buy-SSV3/td-p/2313688

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@davos  and @uk_coops 

Thank you for your feedback and I've seen this myself.

We're currently aware of a stock issue and more information can be seen here.

DaveCD

OK, so I've just checked the page again (url given in my initial post), and it's still not mentioning anything about being out of stock, it just displays some question marks, i.e. "??????", when you click the Add to basket button.  

Thanks for the reply Dave, but this still needs to be escalated and fixed.  

Rgds

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @davos 

I can understand your frustration.

As soon as we've got any news we'll update you.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi

The page still needs to be updated.  At the moment, if you hit the Add to Basket button, you just get question marks, i.e. ??????  There's no information given to the customer about this being out of stock, you just think the page is not working.  

Come on Vodafone, you need to do better than this.  Who takes responsibility for the website?  It's been like this for weeks now.  

Rgds

Did I want an PlayStation 4? No. Did I want the latest IPhone? No (Got one via Vodafone when I thought I could get better signal somehow). All I wanted was a Vodafone Suresignal V3 so I could give thanks to those via calls or text. When I started writing my Christmas list back in September I made sure that I had a least 3 months to get one. The "???????" didn’t put me off.

Even when I read 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Sure-signal-3-out-of-stock-again/td-p/2265875

I thought it must be a short term issue.

Then I was enquiring with the sales lady in October about the stock as I was thinking about getting a Vodafone contract for my wife I was assured "They will be in very shortly, we have ordered a MASSIVE amount". As I don't trust anyone in sales I moved on.

I then read in November and December posts from other people also being confused about trying to order... the forum staff would pick it up… "I've reported your ???? error", but sorry I can't see when they are next in stock".

Someone was told a new model was due out and this was why there was no stock but this would be addressed in the first couple of weeks of December.

At last, an official forum threads acknowledging the issue. Although there was recently (actually 3 months) low stock (actually no stock) this would change in the latter part of December (Is the 26th too early to qualify as the latter?)

I still question why I'm getting slightly worked up about a plug that costs £100 that allows me to use my phone in a normal manner. Getting over the cost (20 quid would surely be more reflective) it's the pure inability of such a big company to :-

1. a) Have a website that says "Out of Stock" not "??????" despite feedback from customers
  2. b) Mixed messages from different staff.
  3. c) Have an issue like this to be open for 3 months which is preventing them from making lots of money on these units, attracting new customers and annoying existing ones

I'm not blaming the people that work on these forums. Issues are responded to and in most cases they try and help. They can only be told to say the official line. It seems there is a bigger issue in the background that the common 'out of stock, sorry don't know when they will be in' line will only hold up for a while.

I work for a large company - we have an internal fix it board that allows us to communicate ideas and raise issues to all levels. I see comments from customers that are a bit over inflated - sometimes due to lack of knowledge or where they are kicking off for the sake ot it. The difference at my company is that people are empowered to make a difference, can call something out if it does not make sense. Fixes are put in place if they are quick and easy (changes the “??????” for start”. If the fixes are not quick and easy a plan is put in place and expectations of the customer are managed (“Due to a supplier issue we will not have any stock until 2nd February 2014 so don’t bother looking”.)

Anyway, hope you all had a great Xmas and a have a good 2015 !:smileywink:

The buy button on this page is still just showing ?????? when you click it:

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-phone/accessories/SKU75375-white

Still no "Out of Stock" message or any helpful info given to the customer.  

Whoever moderates this forum, please escalate this issue as soon as possible.  Please let me know here once you've fixed it as I'm watching this thread to see how long it takes to get this fixed.  

Many thanks

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

As soon as there's any news, we'll issue an update..

Thanks,

Ian

Come on Vodafone, sort it out. A website that has a load of ?????? when you try to purchase an out of stock item is pretty damn poor. How about changing the text that says "available for home delivery" to "out of stock"?? I mean, that's not difficult is it?  Or even, just to provide a touch of customer service, an "email me when back in stock" option? 

I can't believe that I'm stuck in a position of having to buy one of these damn things anyway. My OH has just gone and signed up for an extra year with Vodafone much to my annoyance so now I am stuck trying to buy a new device after my previous one broke. Other providers give you them for free when there is no signal, but not Vodafone. £100 is outrageous.