Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Sure Signal 3 Firewall Ports

glixdrap
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

What ports are needed by a Sure Signal 3 for NTP?

I know this topic has been discussed on other threads (which I have read) but we are seeing something different. The official Vodafone documentation says 212.183.133.177, .178, .179 and 212.183.133.128/26 but on the forums there is also mention of 88.82.13.170 through to .180. Now all that is in place on my Checkpoint firewall but no joy, so we took a look at the logs and saw .181 also trying to be used for NTP. So I can have that added to my firewall but am I just going to hit the next issue - perhaps it needs .182 or something else as well. So what really is the list of difinitive ports and IP addresses to get a Sure Signal 3 box running through a commercial firewall?

4 REPLIES 4

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@glixdrap You can find a full list of these on this thread

If you've done this and you're still having trouble, please contact your Internet Service Provider for further assistance. 

Sadly the thread isn't correct, or more accurately it's incomplete. I can see NTP traffic hitting my firewall destined for 88.82.13.174 and 88.82.13.181. Neither of these IP addresses is mentioned in the thread.

It's not an ISP issue - it's a case of the Vodafone documentation being incomplete. The traffic isn't even getting to my ISP as it's being blocked by my firewall. And that's becuase there are more IP addresses being used than documented.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@glixdrap - Thanks for getting back to us about this.

Have you added these to your firewall now and if so, is everything now working?

As this is a corporate firewall I need to go through the necessary change control procedures. I'll let you know what happens after we get it added, whcih will take a few days.