cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Sure Signal Compatible With Nokia C3??

finnmanuk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Vodafone. 

I wonder if you can help me with a problem i got.

i just change my contract with you guys and i also got a brand new sure signal. works fine for all except my home mobile. which my parents have to call out. Some Reason the phone is not showing full signal as the other phones i got connected with my sure signal. i got a iphone 4s and i have no problems with the network via sure signal. but the nokia phone is always have 0-1 bar of network signal. 

I can confirm that the phone is attached to my suresignal so that isn't the problem. the phone have also been sent for repairs though vodafone shop. but still there is hardly any signal on the phone.

any ideas that i can solve this problem out. that would be great.

thanks

paul fynn

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi finnmanuk,

When you say "the phone is definitely attached", do you mean that the number shows up on the online management page or that you're seeing more 3G than when the Sure Signal is switched off, just not full bars?

Can you confirm the phone model for me? The Sure Signal works with 3G handsets only, so you need to make sure the phone uses and is set to pick up 3G signal.

You may also find that removing and re-adding the number to the Sure Signal will help sort this. Wait an hour in-between to allow the system to refresh, and once re-added do a factory reset of the Sure Signal:

For Sure Signal version 1 or 2:

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

For Sure Signal version 3 (with the in-built plug):

• Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

If this doesn't fix things, give us the Sure Signal serial number and we'll take a closer look.

Dave

If I've helped at all today, why not leave me a little feedback?