Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Sure Signal Location Fault

rodos1950
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have had my VSS for a number of years and it has been located in the same position in my house since day 1 but suddenly for the past few weeks I keep getting emails and SMS messages stating that it has moved and needs to have the new post code registered.  I have been into the Management page a few times and entered the post code where we have been living for the past 6 years and where the VSS was originally registered but I am still getting emails & SMS messages telling me that it is not registered.

What else needs to be done to make the system understand that the VSS has not moved since it was originally installed and registered?

The device is working OK, we are getting the full 3G signal on our mobile phones, it just seems to have forgotten where it is located.

Regards,

Roy

5 REPLIES 5

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi rodos1950

In the past this has been resolved by us updating the your details, pop me a message here and we'll give this a try :Smiling:

Thanks

Sukhi

Since getting my Sure Signal device 2 years ago, the location shown when the phone is using it is near Shrewsbury, over 100 miles from our Yorkshire location, hence when trying to use any lcation-sensitive apps on the phone, such as forsquare or weather apps, I hit problems.

The SS box is correctly registered with my correct postcode on the dashboard.

It is connected to a BT Home Hub. The location shown when using wifi on the Home Hub is perfectly correct.

So where does the SS device derive its location and what can I do about correcting it?

There seem to be conflicting answers on the various replies I have seen.

Thanks.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi pauld197,

This is due to where your Sure Signal server is connected, so it’s not possible to change this.

Within your GPS settings option you could test selecting use mobile GPS rather than mobile network to see if this works.

Thanks,

Gemma

Hi,

GPS location works fine (when outside of course), wifi location works fine and when using other Vodafone networks that also works to give an approximately correct location. It is only when Sure Signal is used with wifi turned off that the location switches to Shrewsbury.

To summarise your response then, when using Sure Signal without GPS or wifi active, the location found by the phone will be wrong and cannot be corrected.

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,

Paul

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pauld197

That is correct.

You can try deactivating "use mobile network" in the location services settings to see if this helps.

DaveCD