cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Sure Signal Power : On , Internet : Flashing White ; No other lights on

praveenjingade
4: Newbie

Hi I have tried registering the VSS but not managed to get it working. spoke to several executives none of much help.

light sequence you're seeing:
#1, solid on.
#2, slow flashing

C:\Users\praveen.jingade>tracert cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms vodafone.connect [192.168.1.1]
2 7 ms 7 ms 6 ms host-212-158-250-34.dslgb.com [212.158.250.34]
3 7 ms 7 ms 8 ms 63.130.104.198
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-EricChe
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@praveenjingade

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Sure Signal.

The light sequence you've provided usually means the Sure Signal is configuring. As you've been experiencing this issue for a while, we'd like to perform a resynce on the device from our side.

So that we can do this, please let us know your Sure Signal serial number.

S/n : 43151216769

I get the below error whenever I am adding 

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, FMW_0_0001

I have reported this many times by the CCE at your end have resynced many a times and asked me to wait for 6 hours and several of them have passed by. any more trick you've got ?

@praveenjingade

Your Sure Signal hasn't made a connection with the network yet.

I've forced an update through from our side again. Please leave the Sure Signal for a further 6 hours, and then complete process by doing a factory reset:

1. Connect device to internet and power supply
  2. Press and hold down reset button – located near the internet port
  3. Wait for 20 seconds
  4. Release the reset button
  5. All the LEDs will temporarily switch off for about 10 seconds. The power LED will then light up and remain constant whilst white internet LED flashes continuously.

If you’re still having problems after doing this, try changing the administrator to another number, remove your number and wait a few hours and then re-add it. You can then transfer them back into your name.

I have done this a few times now but still did not work (will try again now)

I cannot add or remove users and get the following errors

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, FMW_0_0001

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@praveenjingade Is the Vodafone Sure Signal working after the reset mentioned by @Retired-EricChe?

Once it's working, this should reflect on your My Vodafone account and allow you to add/remove users.

Please keep us updated.

praveenjingade
4: Newbie
Not working VSS is not connecting to Internet still

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@praveenjingade Please ensure your router is configured to allow port-forwarding in order for your Vodafone Sure Signal to work. 

Your ISP (internet service provider) upload/download speeds will also need to meet our minimum requirements for your device to work.