Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Sure Signal V1 and V2 not connecting

mosedat
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have 2 suresignal units that have both stopped working recently after 2 years of operation with no problems.

Recently I had a number of texts suggesting that I had moved my suresignal units and I should update my new postcode. 

I can confirm that the location, hardware and network setup and ISP have remained constant during this time.

Suresignal units are:-

21227730377 - version 1 box

40112445776 - version 2 box

These are located in separate building but registered on the same subnet.

External IP is 109.68.193.42

ISP is Sharedband

Lights on version 1 box are flashing in this repeating sequence

1 and 2

off

tracert

C:\Users\mosedat>tracert 212.183.131.128

Tracing route to 212.183.131.128 over a maximum of 30 hops

1     2 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.124.254
  2     6 ms     4 ms     3 ms  192.168.129.1
  3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  4    46 ms    45 ms    46 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
  5    48 ms    43 ms    44 ms  85.205.116.14

I reply on Vodafone for my business so please help.

rgds

Trevor

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Trevor,  

Thanks for the information, your IP address is on our whitelist and there’s no problem with your traceroute. Despite the timeout at hop 3, it still reaches our servers.

I’ve checked both your serial numbers. The version 1 unit last connected to our servers on 61 August at 13:19 and the version 2 unit connected yesterday at 23:22, are either of them now working for you?

I noticed that the version 2 Sure Signal had registered a location change. This can be caused by updates to your router or changes made by your ISP. I’ve changed the postcode to a different one and then back to the original to remove this message.

To make sure both your Sure Signals are as up to date as possible, I’ve just resynced them. To make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights display, release the reset button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in about an hour

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks

Andrew

If you have the time, would you be able to complete a short feedback survey for me? You can find it here and it’ll go to ensuring I’m offering the best service I can.