Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Sure Signal V1 stopped working - power light only

qfpants
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Like many on this forum I'm having an issue with my Vodafone Sure Signal V1, as it stopped working around a fortnight ago.

Suddenly had no lights other than a solid green light.  I tried a couple of troubleshooting things and then following advice on here bought a new power supply.  My power light is now flashing instead of solid, but other than that there is no difference.

My broadband is through a BT Business Hub V3 and is working fine.  The VSS shows the correct ethernet connection lights so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Details are as follows:

Serial Number - 21229780545

ISP - BT

Router - 2wire 2701-HGC-V

Download speed - 5.45mbps

Upload speed - 0.22mbps

Ping - 49ms with 3ms jitter

IP Address - 31.49.24.141

Traceroute -

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     4 ms     2 ms     1 ms  homeportal [192.168.1.254]

2     4 ms    30 ms    30 ms  217.32.143.44

3    32 ms    34 ms    32 ms  217.32.143.110

4    35 ms    30 ms    30 ms  213.120.158.234

5    33 ms    30 ms    32 ms  31.55.165.221

6    35 ms    32 ms    62 ms  31.55.165.109

7    34 ms    30 ms    32 ms  acc2-xe-3-3-0.mr.21cn-ipp.bt.net [109.159.250.234]

8    41 ms    41 ms    39 ms  core2-te0-3-0-5.ealing.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.250.143]

9    41 ms    37 ms    42 ms  peer1-xe3-2-1.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.254.209]

10    44 ms    44 ms    42 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]

11    46 ms    41 ms    42 ms  85.205.0.93

12     *        *        *     Request timed out.

13     *        *        *     Request timed out.

14     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Please can this be looked into ASAP, as it's affecting our Consultants who live in this basement of an office and are pretty lost without the use of their mobiles.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @qfpants ,

We have known compatbility issues with the router you mentioned.

If you've somehow been able to use the service ok until recently, have a word with your ISP to see what's been changed to cause this.

Customers who have a more up to date router (such as BT Homehub 4 or 5) have reported improvements.

Thanks,

Ben

Thanks for your reply Ben

I will speak to BT, but I'm more than a little dubious given that:

a) It's been working fine for the best part of 4 years until recently

b) I took it home with me last night and plugged it in to my router there (ISP - Sky, Router - Sky Hub) and still had the same problems connecting, with only a flashing power light

The link that you've provided appears to be broken, so can you please provide more information on the 'known compatibility issues' so that I can pass that information on to BT?  Also, looking through the forum other people have been given info on when their device last tried to connect etc.; do you have any more information on my Sure Signal device?

Thanks

BT have confirmed that nothing has changed with either the line itself or with the router (no recent firmware update pushed out etc.) so it seems like the problem lies with the VSS itself.

Whilst my router is an older model, the Broadband is working absolutely fine so there is no reason for BT to send me through a new Hub, and I won't be buying a new one on the off chance that this resolves my problem

Hi @dfpants 

It's showing that your Sure Signal has been de-registered.

You'll need to re-register your device.

Once you've done this, please perform a factory reset:

• Hold down the reset button

• When the lights on the bottom of the box stop flashing, unplug the Sure Signal

• Wait 10 seconds, plug the power back into the Sure Signal 

• The lights will flash up and down, once they stop release the reset button

Thanks,

Rodney 

Cheers for that Rodney,

Not sure why it is suddenly de-registered but I can't be bothered getting into that now.  I've logged into my account and it does indeed show no Sure Signal device there.  I put the postcode in, enter the serial number, pick a name and then select the floor it will be based, but irrespective of whether I choose to add users or not at this stage I get the same error message:

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

As with every other link on your awful website it is broken so I can't tell what the problem is.  Your live chat is unavailable and I can't get through on the telephone either, so can someone advise what my problem is?

Thanks

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@qfpants 

So that we can look into this further, see the private message I've sent for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

DaveCD

I've been informed by your helpdesk that because our business contract isn't directly through yourselves we are unable to register the device, and instead will need the provider to do this on our behalf