Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Sure Signal Version 2 not working

Battie007
2: Seeker

I have both a version 1 and a version 2.  When version 1 didnt work by the technical operator i was told version 2 would.  I used to have a blackberry torch - but the version 2 only ever showed a power light and the first of the two other lights on solid.

Now i have an iphone 5.  Same thing.  I have registered my number and my work number, i even had messges saying that they were now registered.  But, it doesnt work.

I have tried to speak to someone but boy is that difficult! I tried doing the online 24;/7 chat but all operators are offline.  Whats the point in saying it is 24/7 if they are offline?

5 REPLIES 5

Battie007

Not only that - I am also getting texts that i have moved my sure signal and i need to reconfirm my postcode - it hasnt moved.  It is clearly NOT working!

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

What troubleshooting and settings have you had a look at in both the V1 and V2 problems?

Have they ever worked?

yet again tech people tried to reset it from their end - no difference.  I have again reset it - got to wait another 24 hours for that.

I have done all this before - its standard stuff to test, but they have to check their boxes. It will go to second line tech support tomorrow.

I am so totally unimpressed with this kit.

grolschuk

90% of the time it is a problem with the setup at the end user, and the router not letting the suresignal traffic out to the internet, rather than a problem with the suresignal itself.

Finding what is not working is a lot of trial and error.

If you know how to log into the management console of your router and are comfortable looking around the settings, there may be a section for VPN PassThrough, and if this is disabled it could stop the SS from being able to get a solid connection back to the server.

Also setting a static IP allocation for the suresignal if the router allows, and putting it into the DMZ may also help.

If the above means nothing to you, then 2nd line tech should be able to talk you through it (each router model being different may make the options a bit hard to find)

Hi Battie007 and welcome to the eForum

Can you have a read through this troubleshooting guide here? Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Wayne