Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Sure Signal Version 3 not connecting

prk112233
4: Newbie

I have had a vodafone sure signal box for some time and when it works it works well. However when the box is disconnected due to power or broadband interuptions it is a pain to reconnect. The power went of about 2 weeks ago and since then the box will not reconnect. The internet light flashes constantly, and the power light is solid. Both the green and yellow lights on the bottom of the unit are on. Any ideas?

17 REPLIES 17

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi prk112233

It does sound like you have a faulty Sure Signal see here for ways to arrange a repair.

Thanks

Sukhi

I sent the box away for repair and they have now sent me a new box. Plugged the box in and the internet light flashes as it should when its connecting. However after a few hours the power light flashes, internet light solid orange and the in use light solid orange.

Hi prk112233,

Do you have the new Sure Signal's serial number?

Dave

serial number 40131540284

Hi prk112233,

I've done a resync, so can you try resetting it for me?

Can you also check this is the correct Serial number? This one shows as having been registered to the same number for some time, not a recent swap.

Dave

Have reset the box so we will see how it goes. Yeah it is the correct serial number, have had it for a while but havent had a chance to get on the forum and mention the problem till today.

Still have the same problem, have reset the box but the same problem after a couple of hours the internet light solid orange and in use light solid orange and power flashing. I'm really getting sick of it not working, how do i go about getting my money back, because i have been sold something that clearly doesn't work.

Hi prk112233,

The lights you’re seeing show that there may be an issue with your ISP.

Can you check with them to see if they’re doing any maintenance which may be interfering with your connection?

If everything is fine, the next thing to try would be a different internet connection, that of a family member or friend.

If the Sure Signal works fine there, it would show there may be something in your current set up that’s preventing it from keeping a stable connection to our servers.

It’s strange that two different Sure Signals fail to work at your address.

We’ll need to exhaust all possibilities before looking at alternatives.

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks,

Andrew