Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Sure Signal and BT HH3

PaulBrook
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Sirs

Please could you help. I have owned a SS1 for the last 4 years and it has run through a HH3 (Version A) for at least the last two years with no problem Following a 7 hour power cut 3 weeks ago I cannot get it back online. I have reset it dozens of times, spoken to Voda Cust Serv three times and spoke to BT cust Services. Each time I am assured it will come on in 6 hours but it never does.

After a reset, Lights 1 and 2 are static and light 4 flashes slowly for a period then goes off leaving lights 1 and 2 on. After another short period, Light 2 goes off leaving just Light 1 static.

When I reset, I press and hold the reset button untl all 4 lights come on, remove power cord and reinsert after 10 seconds and release reset after all lights flash in sequence. I have also reset home hub. The ethernet lights are steady green and flashing orange. I have tried a HH2 to no avail too.I have changed the wireless channel to 11 as directed by BT (why?!!!), a speed test result is fine and am completley at a loss what to do next! Please help. I have had no mobile at home for 3 weeks!

Thank you so much in anticipation of anyone who might be able to help me!

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @PaulBrook  

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Laura