cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Sure Signal home sold to business customers & known problems with Cisco hardware

smartinsurance
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have been trying to replace an old Netgear ProSafe FVS318G firewall device with a Cisco RV325 Dual Band WAN failover for increased VPN capacity and general connection improvement. Unfortunately, there was some compatibility issues which Cisco didn't resolve and the router failed to work with one of the most popular BT Openreach Huawei EchoLife HG612 3B VDSL/FTTC Fibre modem installed for business lines. So did Sure Signal 98% or time unable to connect. I spoke to technical support who admitted problems in particular with Cisco hardware and general business routers utilising various ports. Therefore, they keep shipping home type routers to handle business job to businesses.

The Vodafone's support mentioned a Managed Sure Signal solution for business. I've inquired and received a wooping installation quote between £14,000 and £70,000!!!
Thefore, before switching providers one should ensure sufficient network coverage in areas where mobile dependent business is conducted. Alternatively, take under account an additional and dedicated line setup on a non-Cisco router. I would expect from Vodafone's device to at least allow change of conflicting ports reserved for other services often used in business networking.

0 REPLIES 0