Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Sure Signal - no lights suddenly

metalslug14
4: Newbie

Hi 

I have a Vodafone Sure Signal that I got in January 2013 - pretty sure about the date. 2 days ago it was working perfectly fine BUT suddenly yesterday, in the morning - no lights / no power on the device. I tried other working sockets in the flat but same result.

I have read elsewhere on the forum that the unit is covered for 2 years and as this is definitely within 2 years - can you please either get this replaced OR have it repaired asap as I don't get any signals in my flat? Also, I would request to be sent an envelope to post this defective piece for repair OR return it in exchange for a new one.

Kind regards

Javed (a loyal Vodafone customer for almost 10 years now).

4 REPLIES 4

metalslug14
4: Newbie

PS: I believe it is the latest model of the Sure Signal.

Lastly - I have 4G now but the Sure Signal still only supports 3G. Is there anyway to request a Sure Signal that boosts 4G signals in a flat (if such a model exists) perhaps Vodafone showing appreciation of old customers ;). 

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

Hi,

It does sound like something has gone pop... either the power supply or the unit itself.

The forum guys normally take around 48 hours to get to new questions and requests, so if you need to talk to someone quicker, i'd try the Live Chat option found within the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page, or if you are out and about with signal, give 191 a call, or 03333 040 191 from another phone.

As far as I know there are no 4G versions

Out of interest, what benefit would it give... a phone call is a phone call... data is better off using the wifi of your internet connection.

Thanks grolschuk :). I am happy to wait for the forum guys to respond. I tried the 191 but felt like the person I spoke to was based in a contact centre abroad AND the conversation was a very pleasant or helpful experience. In the past, the guys on the forum here know their stuff and are always willing to help old timers like us ;).

In response to your question on my keenness for 4G - you are right, it is connected to my WiFi so am not concerned about data. But what I have experienced is that the phone when searching/connected to 4G (phone signals) then the bars are really low and it does not connect to the Sure Signal. And sometimes it reverts to 3G which is when it picks / uses the Sure Signal's boosted signals. And I can't be bothered to keep on switching between 3G and 4G/LTE in the phone network settings. Hence the 4G sure signal - unless am mistaken and my experience is not at all in line with how things should be working :O.

grolschuk

Ahh good point - hadn't thought about residual 4G signal as i'm not lucky enough to be in a 4G area yet.

A good feature enhancement then :Smiling: