cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Suresignal 3 - Power light lit and Internet light flashing (constantly re-cycling)

daveandjim
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Good evening,

Since 1pm on Weds 27th May my Suresignal 3 has had the following lights lit:-

Power static, Internet flashing, service LED unlit, phone light unlit.

The Power and Internet lights go through constant cyle of static, flashing as if they are trying to connect but can't.

I tried resetting the device myself intially - no joy.

I called 191 on Friday afternoon and the Corporate team told me they could see the Suresignal lost connectivity at 1pm on 27th May. Not able to explain why. They remotely re-sycn'd my device and told me to wait between 4 & 24 Hrs.  (which should have taken me to around 3/4pm on Saturday 30th May)

Today (31/5) by 12.30 pm same display on Vodafone Suresignal so rang 191 again. Chap who answered my call was not in the Corporate team as he explained the Corporate team were not available at weekends.

He was able to start a re synch remotely of the device again @ 12.30pm and by 8pm still the same flashing power/Internet lights going round in a loop and not connecting.

I use my device to connect my Corporate Vodafone device & personal Vodafone iphone via my Broadband as I am in an area where Vodafone have a poor signal so I rely totally on this Suresignal to be able to get any voice or text services. I spend a lot of time on the phone on audio calls for work and quality is very poor, calls get cut off or people cannot get through to me as signal is weak/poor. Please can you help.....urgently.

Suresignal serial number 42150997791 (Brand new replacement for original suresignal 3 issued in early March 2015 and has been working fine until 27th May 15)

ISP Provider:- Plusnet - IP address;- 91.125.157.85

Ping test:- 26ms

Download:- 5.70Mbps

Upload:- 0.37Mbps

Thanks

David

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @daveandjim

I can see that the Sure Signal has last connected on 27 May at 13:04.

Please try a different Ethernet cable and to ensure that all the following ports are open as follows:

Ports to be opened for forwarding

• 8 (TCP & UDP)
  • 50 (TCP & UDP)
  • 53  (TCP & UDP)
  • 67 (UDP)
  • 68 (UDP) 
  • 123 (UDP)
  • 500 (UDP)
  • 1723 (TCP & UDP)
  • 4500 (UDP)
  • 33434 - 33445 (UDP)

IP addresses to be allowed on the router & firewall

• 183.133.177-179
  • 183.133.181-182
  • 183.131.128-191

Once opened, please perform a reset:

• Unplug the Ethernet cable from the Sure Signal
  • Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • Plug the cable back in
  • Allow around one hour for the Sure Signal to come back online.

Thanks,

Sarah