Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone V3 Sure Signal not working

JayBee3
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi.  I bought my Sure signal box last month.  I registered it and connected it to my router.  It worked fine with no problems or issues,  As my (then) router only had two ethernet ports I disconnected my sure signal box for a period of around two weeks until I got an ethernet adapter with more ports.  I also got a new broadband provider and new router in these two weeks.  I plugged everything back in at the weekend but cannot get a mobile signal.  The sure signal box serial is 42164939813 and there is a solid green light and flashing orange light at the ethernet port.  The cable is working as we have tried it on other things.  There is a flashing red light constantly, with two white lights - one for the phone and one for the signal (the two farthest right lghts).  I have restarted the router and restarted the sure signal box and have done all the recommended checks on the website.  Every other device we have in the house connects to the wifi / ethernet adapter no problems except the sure signal box.  Any help would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

Hi there,

Who is your new ISP, and what router are you running?

The fact that it did work, and now does not, suggests a setting somewhere with your new setup.

As we live in the deepest darkets depths of the countryside we have had to change to a radio wave-based internet through a company called Village Networks.  The thing is that no other device in the house has had an issue (we have an EE booster box and a 3 booster box - both working perfectly fine since the new ISP router was installed). I thought it was as easy as just plugging everything back in again.  I will get in touch with the ISP provider and check with them. Ta.

grolschuk

If you get in touch with the ISP, can you get what IP range they operate on.

It could be as simple that the IP range isn't in Vodafone's whitelist... most are, but smaller or new ISPs sometimes slip through the net.

Hi.  So my IP address is 185.138.157.76. It’s part of a /27 subnet. Can someone from Vodafone tech please check if this is white listed? Thanks.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JayBee3

I've arranged for your IP address to be added to the whitelist, this can take up to 3-5 working days.

Hi Carly

My sure signal box is still not working but from reading other posts I believe the problem is that the box needs to connect to Vodafone's servers via a phone line and as my broadband provider doesn't use a phone line (they use radio waves) I don't think my sure signal box will work.

Is this something that can be addressed?  I have a '3' signal box and an 'EE' signal box which work fine on the new broadband so why is it only Vodafone's sure signal box that needs to be connected to a phone line?

Kind regards

Janice

Hi again

Just to let you know, my sure signal box is now working. Not sure what has changed but happy anyway. Thanks.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JayBee3

Thanks for letting us know that your Sure Signal is now working.

Let us know if you need any further assistance in the future.