Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone blocking registration of sure signal boxes bought on ebay

dockley
2: Seeker
I've been a vodafone contract customer since 2008 continuous and have had between 1 and 3 contracts at any one time. I have spent at least £3000 with them during that time. Last month I moved house to an area with absolutely no signal coverage inside or out so I thought Vodafone would help and send me a booster free of charge. The other 3 mobile contracts in my household are on 3 network and they got a booster free of charge. After refusing to pay £100 to Vodafone for sure signal I purchased one off ebay. The seller rang to de register it and Vodafone were adamant they had not. After much faffing about I had to return this to the seller for a refund. A week later I bought another off ebay and again the seller definitely de registered the box and sent me a screen print of the page showing this on vodafone but yet again vodafone were adamant it had not been done. So another box returned for a refund on ebay
I'm now 6 weeks in at my new address and still have no use of my £35 a month contract I am paying for and it's appalling that vodafone don't give a toss about this and are doing everything they can to stop me being able to use my phone at a reasonable cost and not their inflated over priced signal booster
Thank god my contract ends next year as I will never ever be with them again.
2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there dockley,

We don't block anyone from using the Sure Signal.

We also want you to use our services as much as you want to use them.

What we can't do is de-register a Sure Signal without the original owner's express wishes.

If you decide to buy another one second hand and you get the same problem, ask the seller to contact us in this thread and we'll see what we can do.

Cheers,

LeeH

dockley
So it's just a coincidence? Twice? Both sellers rang and spent a lengthy amount of time speaking to someone and were both assured that they had de registered their accounts. As if they would then go to the trouble of registering on the forum (as they would no longer be Vodafone customers) and post the same question they have just asked on the phone!! This IS a way if Vodafone blocking people buying second hand boxes so that we have NO CHOICE but to buy a £100 box from Vodafone. I've also read threads that other people have tis same problem so it's nothing new. It's just inconvenience after inconvenience to the customer, there is no customer service to sort this out it all has to be effort from the customers and ex customers!