cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone have wrongly advised me to purchase a Sure Signal device to use on my Talkmobile account!

Clarissa
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I currently have a talkmobile account which runs on the vodafone network. I have been experiencing very poor signal for months so contacted Talkmobile again on 9th January 2016, to which they replied that they would look into the problem.

On the 17th January 2016 I received this email from Vodafone NETS (No Reply), Vodafone UK <vodafonenets@vodafone.co.uk>

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL AS THIS INBOX IS NOT MONITORED

Hello,

Just to let you know, we have investigated the issue in HG3 and we can see that there is low coverage in that area.

We recommend a Vodafone Sure Signal Device which provides a stable 3G signal through your home broadband. More information can be found by visiting http://vdfn.co/vss or your local retail store.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you

Network Support
Technical Customer Service Adviser
Enterprise Support - Newbury 2
Vodafone Limited

Vodafone HQ, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN, Registered in England No 1471587

vodafone.co.uk

I have since purchased a Sure Signal Device from Ebay & when I went to register it & found out that it cannot be used for Talk Mobile devices.

Obviously I am very annoyed that I have purchased a device on the advice of Vodafone, which does not work with my phone contract. At no time, did I contact Vodafone regarding my lack of signal, so TalkMobile must have forwarded my query & given them my email address.

Unfortunately the email address above is a NO-REPLY address so I cannot contact them about their advice. I have spent a considerable time this afternoon trying to resolve the problem by phone, & have eventually been advised to contact Vodafone via this forum.

I look forward to receiving a reply shortly.

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hello @Clarissa

Welcome to the Community.

I really think you should be asking your service provider as to how they managed to give Vodafone your email address without your permission which resulted in you thinking you could use a Vodafone device with TalkMobile. 

It is a well know fact that the Sure Signal will only operate on Vodafone numbers and will kick out any non Vodafone numbers.

Thank you for your help Ann,

I will be talking to Talkmobile too, but am more concerned as to why Vodafone gave me incorrect information.

Best wishes, Claire

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Its correct that the Sure Signal Device will only work with Vodafone Numbers. I'm not sure how Vodafone have contacted you and advised as your not a Vodafone customer. 

The email is probably a standard Template meant for Vodafone Customers with the suggestion of a Sure Signal Device pasted in. 

I would check the Returns Terms from the Seller on eBay and or sell the Device on. 

This is a customer to customer forum so Vodafone Customer Service wouldn't respond from your post here. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you Lee,

It was Vodafone that advised me to put a comment on the forum - I was told that Vodafone would reply to me!

Guess that I'll just have to wait and see,

Best wishes, Claire

BandOfBrothers

You're Welcome. 

Take care. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.