Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone needs to put a Service Status up immediately

Landshark2007
6: Helper
6: Helper

I'm getting sick and tired of having to reset my Sure Signal and going through hoops in order to find out whether the Sure Signal Servers are active at Vodafone. 

The last couple of days have seen my Sure Signal simply drop off for no reason. I am able to surf the net and do everything else without trouble, but the SS simply does what it wants, when it wants. I have replaced its PSU with a much more solid one so I know it is not that which has gone. Sometimes the service magically restores itself after a few hours, but sometimes I have to wait until the following morning before trying the usual power off sequence. 

Whenever you phone the alleged Customer Support - you simply end up even more frustrated that you are when you get cut off for no reason other than their service. 

Apple and other provide a service status system on the web, why don't you Vodafone? At least we would have some idea of where a fault lies when we get cut off for no reason. 

Wherever I lay my '@', that's my 'ome.
13 REPLIES 13

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dreynolds10

I've sent an update to your Sure Signal, please don't turn it off, reset it or change anything for the next 24 hours.

After that time, turn any phones registered to it off and on again while in range of the Sure Signal.

cineriv
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi Ian,

Whatever the outcome of your problem, replacing your V1 power supply is a very sensible thing to do in any case, I've lost count of how many V1 users have had to replace their power supply this year because of the degradation factor. 

Strangely enough, the author of this thread, Landshark2007, was also sceptical of this remedy ..... http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/SureSignal-1-flashing-but-not-working-possible-f...

The entire thread gives some interesting reading as well! 

Regards.

Mike.

salukigirl
4: Newbie

I would be very grateful if someone could check out my VSS V2 for me.  For the past few days I have had no signal from it.  I have been through all the steps of the troubleshooter and managed to get a signal for a couple of evenings before it went down again.

I only have the red power light on most of the time, although at the moment the second light is flashing but nothing is happening on my mobile.

I rely on the VSS for my business as we have no signal whatsoever in our house.

Thank you. Her is hte information you have requested.

Your speed test results from here. 6.57MBPS

Your ping test results from here. 14ms

Your external IP address from here. 146.90.108.138

The results of a traceroute.

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1     2 ms     1 ms     1 ms dsldevice.lan [192.168.1.254]

2   12 ms   11 ms   10 ms lo0-central10.ptw-ag02.plus.net [195.166.128]

3   11 ms   11 ms   11 ms link-b-central10.ptw-gw02.plus.net [212.159.0]

4   11 ms   10 ms   10 ms xe-0-2-0.ptw-cr02.plus.net [212.159.0.250]

5   11 ms   11 ms   13 ms ae2.ptw-cr01.plus.net [195.166.129.4]

6   15 ms   13 ms   15 ms lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]

7   13 ms   12 ms   12 ms 85.205.0.93

8     *       *       *     Request timed out.

9     *       *       *     Request timed out.

10     *       *       *     Request timed out.

11     *       *       *     Request timed out.

12     *       *       *     Request timed out.

Your Sure Signal serial number: 41113712388

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for posting your results @salukigirl.

Have you also tried @cineriv's advice around testing an alternative power source? Everything else from your results checks out fine this end.