Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone sure signal 3 not working with iphone 6

GJW66
2: Seeker

My sure signal works fine for blackberry - but does not work with my iphone 6 (and it did not work for my 5c either).

I have tried everything - but nothing works.

If I walk up close to the suresignal device it will pick up my phone and boost the signal - but as soon as I walk away...it gets dropped again...and no there are no concrete pillars or other obstructions that would cause this.

Works fine on blackberry from anywhere in the house.

Can you pls tell me how to fix this ?  (I have already returned one sure signal unit....)

5 REPLIES 5

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@GJW66

Aeriel strength can vary between models, but it shouldn't be so extreme.

Try de-registering the Sure Signal and registering it again.

Failing that, try switching the phone to 2G/3G only. If there's a faint 4G signal in the area, the iPhone may be trying to use that instead.

GJW66

Hi the suresignal is on my account - so I cannot see how I can deregister and re-register my phone....I can only do this for phones that are added in addition to mine..

or am i missing something ?

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@GJW66

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread which contains information on how to deregister and register your Sure Signal.

If this doesn't resolve your query, please post your reply below together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

So my husband, who has been a vodafone user for many years is the only other phone on the sure signal.

Unfortunately since Vodafone acquired his account many, many years ago from Colt, he has never been set up properly on vodafone.  I cannot transfer the sure signal to him, because when he logs onto vodafone to accept the transfer his welcome page from Vodafone just says "services pending" - and it has been like this for years now.

Brilliant service from Vodafone again....

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@GJW66

Our Live help team can look into this for you. 

Alternatively, please follow the instructions in the private message I've sent.