Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone sure signal V2

sparkscity
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have recently purchased a sure signal box from ebay, I have tried to register it on my account but it appears to be registered still to the previous owner, can you help? The serial number is 40114500818.

Is it easy to set up as well as I dont have instructions!

Thanks

Sparkscity

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi sparkscity,

It is still showing as registered to the old owner.

You'll need to message the seller and ask them to contact us to get the Sure Signal deregistered before you can register it again in your online account.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi sparkscity,

It is still showing as registered to the old owner.

You'll need to message the seller and ask them to contact us to get the Sure Signal deregistered before you can register it again in your online account.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

Thanks James, all done now, Cheers!

Since I was able to register the unit it is still not working, The unit has connected to the router ok, the power & Active lights are 'On' continiously but the phone lamp does not light up, I still have a poor phone signal in the house, any ideas??

Hi sparkscity,

It did connect to the server yesterday so should now be working.

I can see that there are 5 numbers registered against it, do any of the phones pick up 3G signal?

What phones are you using when you don’t get any 3G signal?

James

Hi James,

The sure signal is registered to my home address, vodafone confirmed this yesterday whilst using the online chat facility, I have also been told that i need to contact my ISP regarding my router settimgs, the tech team told me that I need to adjust the settings in the router to these settings, a copy of the transcript below.

‪Ports to be opened:

Shweta: ‪Port 8 (TCP/UDP)

Shweta: ‪Port 123 (TCP/UDP)

Shweta: ‪Port 50 (TCP/UDP)

Shweta: ‪Port 500 (UDP)

Shweta: ‪Port 4500 (UDP)

Shweta: ‪The Internet connection type protocol is PPPOA not PPOE

Shweta: ‪and download speed is minimum 1 MB and the upload speed should be minimum 0.37 MB

I have changed the settings to the above but the VSS is still not operating. Both the power and Active lights are steady, its just the phone connection light that is not illuminating. Any ideas??

Thanks,  Tim

I forgot to mention that the five phones registered are, 2, iphone 5's, iphone4S, iphone4 & Samsung Galaxy S2.

None of these phones connect but have 3G enabled. I cannot receive a 3G signal normally in my house.

Hope that helps.

Tim 

Hi Tim,

Our port forward settings, are slightly different to the ones you’ve entered. Can you make the changes and see if this solves things for you?

I’ve also performed a resync for you, so to make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights display, release the reset button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in about an hour

If this doesn’t solve things, we’ll need a little more information from you to be able to offer more help. Can you provide the following please:-

Your Sure Signal serial number.

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

Thanks

Andrew

sparkscity
Hi Andrew, thanks for your reply, I have been away for 2 days and now it's working! I think your re sync has done the trick as I have not performed any of your suggestions in your previous post. Now it's working I think I will leave the reset you suggested, thanks for your help in sorting this. Much appreciated.

Tim