Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone sure signal

Rachel140590
3: Seeker
Hi. My VSS is working with other registered phones but not with mine. I have upgraded to a iPhone 6s and had to change to a smaller SIM. It is now not picking up signal. I have turned it off. And tried resetting it. No joy. I read earlier on this forum site that Vodafone need to resync it from their end. Is there any chance someone could help me please. The serial number is 43162291751. Thank you
9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

I have seen past posts from Vodafone Tech that after a sim swap it's recommended to de register the number for 24 hours and then re register the number and soft reboot the phone by turning Airplane mode On and Off. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Retired-Charles
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Rachel140590 Good advice there by BandofBrothers, I can see that we last had contact with your Sure Signal on 26 Oct at 5.56pm. Is everything working now?

Rachel140590
Hi. Yeah It's working with my dads number. But not mine. I have tried to unregister my number but they keep trying to send me a verification code via text with 20 minutes to use it but I don't have signal to receive 'said code' and they don't understand. Hence why I bought the sure signal haha we're half an hour from standard network signal

Rachel140590
@Charles ....So I went through the whole polava of sending my phone down the road , for the text to come through to my phone , only to log in and find that I can't deregister myself as admin. There isn't an option to do so. Any other hints would be very much appreciated pleasey ? :Smiling:

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Rachel140590 Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused. 

You'll need to completely de-register your Vodafone Sure Signal, allow 24 hours and then register it again. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Rachel140590
Hello. De-registered suresignal. Waited 36 hours and re-registered it with mine and my dads numbers we both have received texts to say we can use this suresignal. Mine has full signal. Yet my dads now won't work !! What is going on !! Someone please help me xxx

Rachel140590
@Rahim

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Rachel140590 That's unusual to hear. 

It appears that both numbers hadn't alligned correctly with our server. 

To resolve the issue I've resynced your Vodafone Sure Signal. 

Please allow 6 hours to pass before resetting your device. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Rachel140590
Thank you @Rahim. It really has baffled us. As we've both had text messages to say we can use it so I know I typed in the right number. Thank you. Fingers crossed ➡️✌🏻⬅️